Rumor: New iPhones to be .2mm thicker

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are rumored to be 0.2mm thicker, basically indistinguishable from the 6/6 Plus.

Why the increase in thickness?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Duh... Magical Apple Creatures need somewhere to live. That extra space gives them a giant new home :)

Or to recess the camera :)

Normix

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Possibly the use of 7000 series aluminum to make it more resistant to bending and/or the introduction of touch force.

jbmo1980

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Whew! Imnot upgrading to 6s thecamera still protrudes tsk tsk and it's so slippery my heart sinks everytime it slips my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Whew! Imnot upgrading to 6s thecamera still protrudes tsk tsk and it's so slippery my heart sinks everytime it slips my hands.

Wow, I forgot all about the protruding camera lens with my Apple Black Leather case on, which also adds much needed "GRIP". That would NOT be enough reason to keep ME from upgrading my 6 Plus to the 6s Plus.....just my .02 cents

jbmo1980

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
This force touch is another gimmick so apple have something to show .. Nonetheless samsung has releashed the four best and best looking phones in the world today..

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
This force touch is another gimmick so apple have something to show .. Nonetheless samsung has releashed the four best and best looking phones in the world today..

Please, explain how force touch is a gimmick.

jbmo1980

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
The same force touch apple uses in my macbook. Im not so much of an apple fan yeah? My friend bought the apple watch and didnt enjoy it, she had difficulty selling it afterwards for almost half of its price. ... U mean i used the same names? I didnt hide any names , the problem was with the regulators it was obviously sent twice. Why do i need to even explain.

jbmo1980

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Why would i still i worry about buying a case? (in fact , i do. ) well it is a TROUBLE for me hiding my phone. Yeah, it's too fragile. I saw the edge drop test vs the iphone 6. the latter succumbed, considering the 'Edge' people underestimated to be as fragile as petals. Yeah i hated the idea of me having to pay this ridiculously expensive piece of machine when it doesnt live up to expectation.. Im whining lol

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Who cares about looks when a software upgrade hobbles the device.
I LOVE my Note 4 but Lollipop trashed it.
Never experienced that with any iPhone.

As far as looks, that's subjective. I prefer the iPhone. Which by the way, heavily influenced the S6.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The same force touch apple uses in my macbook. Im not so much of an apple fan yeah? My friend bought the apple watch and didnt enjoy it, she had difficulty selling it afterwards for almost half of its price. ... U mean i used the same names? I didnt hide any names , the problem was with the regulators it was obviously sent twice. Why do i need to even explain.

Five posts to your name and you spend the trashing the iPhone on an iPhone forum.

Gotcha.

Agenda is clear.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I forgot all about the protruding camera lens with my Apple Black Leather case on, which also adds much needed "GRIP". That would NOT be enough reason to keep ME from upgrading my 6 Plus to the 6s Plus.....just my .02 cents

I'm trying to decide whether the slightly thicker build would mean the current cases won't fit. I'm so tempted to get some Kate Spade cases for my new future iPhone 6s PLUS.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to decide whether the slightly thicker build would mean the current cases won't fit. I'm so tempted to get some Kate Spade cases for my new future iPhone 6s PLUS.

I'm wondering the same thing. As tight as the Apple Leather case fits, the extra 2mm will probably make a difference.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh rats..... I'm itching for the new cases.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR