Dec 14, 2019
Visit site
Search...

CREATE ACCOUNT ASK A QUESTION
Search...

Home ANDROID CENTRAL Q&A > ASK A QUESTION
iPhone 6 locked to tracfone
Asked: 30 min ago 0 Views 1 Answers
Hello, I recently got an iPhone 6 from someone and apparently it is locked to TracFone. So logically I wanted to unlock this CDMA iPhone and swap my sim but TracFone keeps telling me the 12 month activation has not expired or whatever, so the phones literally a paper weight. Is there any way at all of unlocking the phone? Obviously I will never ever reactivate it, I have Verizon and I will forever stay on Verizon, TracFone doesn't deserve a penny from me. It's been 12 months as far as I know and I want the device to be used again and not wasted.

Surely there MUST be some way to unlock the device? Will any unlock code websites work? Is there some sort of secret place to ask for codes? I already called TracFone and they said it hasn't been 12 months, but I really need to use the phone on my network as my current phone is buggy, so instead of throwing a perfectly mint iPhone 6 away, why can't I just unlock it?

(I already know they have unlocking rules, yadda yadda whatever, I JUST need the phone unlocked asap.)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Search...

CREATE ACCOUNTASK A QUESTION
Search...

Hello, I recently got an iPhone 6 from someone and apparently it is locked to TracFone. So logically I wanted to unlock this CDMA iPhone and swap my sim but TracFone keeps telling me the 12 month activation has not expired or whatever, so the phones literally a paper weight. Is there any way at all of unlocking the phone? Obviously I will never ever reactivate it, I have Verizon and I will forever stay on Verizon, TracFone doesn't deserve a penny from me. It's been 12 months as far as I know and I want the device to be used again and not wasted.

Surely there MUST be some way to unlock the device? Will any unlock code websites work? Is there some sort of secret place to ask for codes? I already called TracFone and they said it hasn't been 12 months, but I really need to use the phone on my network as my current phone is buggy, so instead of throwing a perfectly mint iPhone 6 away, why can't I just unlock it?

(I already know they have unlocking rules, yadda yadda whatever, I JUST need the phone unlocked asap.)

I don’t have any experience with or even have trust for unofficial websites that claim to be able to unlock devices. With that being said, the ball is in tracfone’s court. Either wait out the remainder of the 12 months or try your luck with a site that claims to be able to unlock devices.

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

iPhones locked to carriers are still worth money so you can sell it fairly quickly and get a Verizon one as carrier locked are cheaper

Enjoy and Post Often

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Search...

CREATE ACCOUNT ASK A QUESTION
Search...

The phone needs to be activated on TracFone for the required amount of time before you can get it unlocked.

Do that or get a different device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen