How can I recover my apple id after someone changed the email addresses? (iPhone 6, ios 12.4)

Abid Naziri Sami

Aug 23, 2019
Visit site
So, my sister forgot the password for her apple id. She isn't that tech savvy, so asked for someone's help, to whom she graciously gave her email address and password away. That person helped her reset the password. But after a while, he logged in to the apple ID, and changed the email addresses. Now, I can't even reset my password because I don't know the new email address, and the phone still asks for a password for the apple id, because it was still logged in to the apple account before the email address was changed. It now has an apple id (email address) that no longer exists as an apple id (because of the new email addresses).

How can I atleast remove the apple id from the phone, and then add a new one?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So, my sister forgot the password for her apple id. She isn't that tech savvy, so asked for someone's help, to whom she graciously gave her email address and password away. That person helped her reset the password. But after a while, he logged in to the apple ID, and changed the email addresses. Now, I can't even reset my password because I don't know the new email address, and the phone still asks for a password for the apple id, because it was still logged in to the apple account before the email address was changed. It now has an apple id (email address) that no longer exists as an apple id (because of the new email addresses).

How can I atleast remove the apple id from the phone, and then add a new one?

This is a security matter. Please contact Apple Support. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR