iOS 13 and the iPhone 6

Bbnivende

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
My 6 is only two years old (bargain deal). Should I upgrade to an iPhone 8 just to get iOS 13? I wonder too if the 8 will get OS upgrades two years hence.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If your i6 is functioning great with iOS 12 and you don’t need the new features that iOS 13 will be bringing to the iPhone like Dark Mode and the new accessibility updates then by all means keep the i6.

Assuming you want to stay with Touch ID and move to the i8 you should get two more major updates

Or you can hold off and see what Apple has in store for us this Fall with the new iPhones

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My sister went through this a couple of years ago. She had a 4s, that she kept well after it was eligible for any more iOS updates. After some time, she noticed that Apps could no longer update... it was not immediate. As this increased, her phone became sluggish and kept freezing up. That's when she jumped ship and went with a 7.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I have been rocking a 6 since the fall they were first released. I’ll probably throw in the towel and buy something. She’s resistant to spending a fortune on phones but maybe I can convince her to buy the XS for each of us.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I have been rocking a 6 since the fall they were first released. I’ll probably throw in the towel and buy something. She’s resistant to spending a fortune on phones but maybe I can convince her to buy the XS for each of us.

I get not liking to spend the money, but it’s probably getting time to make a move, especially while they’re still working ok. This way you can research and make an educated decision on what’s best for you both.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro