Yesterday am I noticed my phone as searching. I finally got it back after multiple reboots and a network settings reset. It went down again by afternoon and I popped out the sim and replaced it. VZW told me I need to replace the sim. I went to the store and they told me there was an antenna issue with the 6 and 6s. She replaced it though and tried to sell me a phone and get an insurance replacement and it kept searching when she restarted it. I restarted it and it’s fine. I searched and hadn’t seen a known issue. I got a battery replacement so I thought that covered any know. Issues. I’m hanging on and might get an 8 this Christmas.
    05-19-2019 03:56 PM
    It’s been a while since I’ve had an iPhone 6/6S (plus models) and I don’t recall ever having any network-related issues during that time. I’m sure there are some who have and hopefully, they’ll chime in soon.
    05-19-2019 04:00 PM
    I had a 6s a few years ago and it worked great! I never had any connectivity issues.
    blessed2bamommie likes this.
    05-20-2019 08:16 AM
    My 8yr old daughter's iPhone 6 doesn't have any antenna issues on Verizon. We had the battery replaced in December 2018 before the phone was handed down to her and it still works great.
    blessed2bamommie likes this.
    05-20-2019 08:40 AM
    Verizon could be doing tower work near where you live and that could be causing the issues. A few years ago where I live Verizon was updating/upgrading a bunch of towers in my area and for about a week reception was touch or go. Some areas where perfectly fine but if I ventured into the next tower area it would fluctuate wildly. Could also have do with Verizon reframing the old 3G CDMA bands into LTE or 5G. If it doesn’t resolve itself it may be time for an upgrade. It’s quite possible the antenna in your phone went bad.
    05-20-2019 09:01 AM
    It’s been a while since I’ve had an iPhone 6/6S (plus models) and I don’t recall ever having any network-related issues during that time. I’m sure there are some who have and hopefully, they’ll chime in soon.
    Yeah....I’m not gonna make payments on a phone but I figure that maybe this fall I might consider and 8 for Christmas and pay cash for it. I replaced the battery and it was running like a new phone!
    05-20-2019 02:22 PM
    My 8yr old daughter's iPhone 6 doesn't have any antenna issues on Verizon. We had the battery replaced in December 2018 before the phone was handed down to her and it still works great.
    I replaced the battery on mine and my 14 yo daughter who got one from an older church member and it was like a new phone. No issues and hers isn’t having issues. Just mine, which I’m glad it’s not hers.
    ksassy likes this.
    05-20-2019 02:23 PM
    Verizon could be doing tower work near where you live and that could be causing the issues. A few years ago where I live Verizon was updating/upgrading a bunch of towers in my area and for about a week reception was touch or go. Some areas where perfectly fine but if I ventured into the next tower area it would fluctuate wildly. Could also have do with Verizon reframing the old 3G CDMA bands into LTE or 5G. If it doesn’t resolve itself it may be time for an upgrade. It’s quite possible the antenna in your phone went bad.
    I can’t get with these phone payments. I figure this year I might consider paying cash for an 8 for Christmas once the new batch comes out. They want to sell me a phone when I went to get a new sim but I paid off hubs pixel and no more!
    05-20-2019 02:25 PM
    I replaced the battery on mine and my 14 yo daughter who got one from an older church member and it was like a new phone. No issues and hers isn’t having issues. Just mine, which I’m glad it’s not hers.
    Sorry to hear you’re having connectivity issues with your phone. I hope you get it resolved soon.
    05-20-2019 02:44 PM
    My son is still rocking my old 6S with no antenna or signal "issues".
    05-20-2019 02:53 PM
    VZW told me I need to replace the sim. I went to the store and they told me there was an antenna issue with the 6 and 6s.
    Rule #1 when visiting retail stores. They will tell you ANYTHING to sell you a new device.

Yes, this INCLUDES the Apple Store.
    Spencerdl and ksassy like this.
    05-20-2019 02:55 PM
    Rule #1 when visiting retail stores. They will tell you ANYTHING to sell you a new device.

Yes, this INCLUDES the Apple Store.
    I was prepared to refuse them too! I have noticed today that I’ve gone to No Service.i wonder if I need to swing by the Apple store but when she said that about the antenna I figured I’d hear about it here!
    05-20-2019 04:15 PM