Is there a known antenna issue?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday am I noticed my phone as searching. I finally got it back after multiple reboots and a network settings reset. It went down again by afternoon and I popped out the sim and replaced it. VZW told me I need to replace the sim. I went to the store and they told me there was an antenna issue with the 6 and 6s. She replaced it though and tried to sell me a phone and get an insurance replacement and it kept searching when she restarted it. I restarted it and it’s fine. I searched and hadn’t seen a known issue. I got a battery replacement so I thought that covered any know. Issues. I’m hanging on and might get an 8 this Christmas.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s been a while since I’ve had an iPhone 6/6S (plus models) and I don’t recall ever having any network-related issues during that time. I’m sure there are some who have and hopefully, they’ll chime in soon.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
My 8yr old daughter's iPhone 6 doesn't have any antenna issues on Verizon. We had the battery replaced in December 2018 before the phone was handed down to her and it still works great.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Verizon could be doing tower work near where you live and that could be causing the issues. A few years ago where I live Verizon was updating/upgrading a bunch of towers in my area and for about a week reception was touch or go. Some areas where perfectly fine but if I ventured into the next tower area it would fluctuate wildly. Could also have do with Verizon reframing the old 3G CDMA bands into LTE or 5G. If it doesn’t resolve itself it may be time for an upgrade. It’s quite possible the antenna in your phone went bad.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It’s been a while since I’ve had an iPhone 6/6S (plus models) and I don’t recall ever having any network-related issues during that time. I’m sure there are some who have and hopefully, they’ll chime in soon.

Yeah....I’m not gonna make payments on a phone but I figure that maybe this fall I might consider and 8 for Christmas and pay cash for it. I replaced the battery and it was running like a new phone!

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My 8yr old daughter's iPhone 6 doesn't have any antenna issues on Verizon. We had the battery replaced in December 2018 before the phone was handed down to her and it still works great.

I replaced the battery on mine and my 14 yo daughter who got one from an older church member and it was like a new phone. No issues and hers isn’t having issues. Just mine, which I’m glad it’s not hers.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Verizon could be doing tower work near where you live and that could be causing the issues. A few years ago where I live Verizon was updating/upgrading a bunch of towers in my area and for about a week reception was touch or go. Some areas where perfectly fine but if I ventured into the next tower area it would fluctuate wildly. Could also have do with Verizon reframing the old 3G CDMA bands into LTE or 5G. If it doesn’t resolve itself it may be time for an upgrade. It’s quite possible the antenna in your phone went bad.

I can’t get with these phone payments. I figure this year I might consider paying cash for an 8 for Christmas once the new batch comes out. They want to sell me a phone when I went to get a new sim but I paid off hubs pixel and no more!

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I replaced the battery on mine and my 14 yo daughter who got one from an older church member and it was like a new phone. No issues and hers isn’t having issues. Just mine, which I’m glad it’s not hers.

Sorry to hear you’re having connectivity issues with your phone. I hope you get it resolved soon.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Rule #1 when visiting retail stores. They will tell you ANYTHING to sell you a new device.

Yes, this INCLUDES the Apple Store.

I was prepared to refuse them too! I have noticed today that I’ve gone to No Service.i wonder if I need to swing by the Apple store but when she said that about the antenna I figured I’d hear about it here!
369a521879e7a88a4f2fd7bb600aebff.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234