hello
    I am Steven Cheung. if anybody know's how can i increase my iphone 6 memory storage.when i store photo and video in my phone my phone memory gone full becase my memory storage is 16GB and i want to expand this with more GB without purchasing new iphone.i hope you will help me.

Thank you,
    04-02-2019 06:24 AM
    Welcome to the forums. The storage used is usually soldered on the board. The chip itself is pretty hard to come by, as I understand, and swapping it may not be as easy as simply replacing it. I wouldn't be surprised if the phone will be unresponsive if you did manage to swap the chips out.
    04-02-2019 07:25 AM
    I would recommend something like this to copy photos to and delete them from your device.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mUvbUpU3132632

Your only other option is to purchase a new device with more internal storage.
    Spencerdl and bgl321 like this.
    04-02-2019 07:26 AM
    Welcome to iMore. Thanks for joining and please feel free to join in on the many threads and topics. Lee_Bo suggestion is very good short of purchasing a new device. Good Luck with your decision.
    04-02-2019 10:01 AM
    There is a YouTube channel called Strange Parts, he did upgrade the storage on an iPhone. I do not condone or recommend this. It’s a very intensive process with a high chance of failure. It also requires the use of a microscope, heat, liquid solder, patience, and technical proficiency. Your best option is a lightning connected storage device or a new phone. Again, I do not condone or recommended trying to change the memory chip on your phone.

EDIT: That process would also void your warranty.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-02-2019 10:17 AM
    You could upload photos to cloud apps like Box or Dropbox, then delete them from your camera roll.
    04-02-2019 10:23 AM
    Personal recommendation: offload photos, videos, and documents to your computer or the cloud as often as possible, and minimize the space rarely-used apps require in Settings.
    04-02-2019 11:23 AM
    This is a perfect solution to maximize the storage, but when I used Pen-Drive in my iPhone 6, my phone did not work smoothly. I think it was a problem of RAM so i upgraded my phone.
    04-03-2019 02:41 AM
    Hi, Steven. You can download your photo and video to the google drive, Dropbox, etc and the delete it from your iphone
    Annie_M likes this.
    04-03-2019 05:22 AM
    Some stores that service Apple devices are willing to upgrade storage for a fee. However, this might invalidate your Apple warranty, if you have one. I know some Apple users who have done this once their warranty is over and are very happy with the results.
    04-03-2019 12:01 PM
    Steven, we store our Google and iPhone photos in Dropbox automatically. You may want to try this.

Unfortunately, unlike Android phones, the only way to add to an iPhone's storage capacity without jeopardizing your contract is to buy one with more memory.
    02-22-2020 10:14 AM
    While you cant increase storage on your iPhone, it is possible to free up space. As others have suggested, you can use sites like Dropbox or Google Photos to store photos. There are all sorts of tips on how to free up space. Here’s a link from Apple Support that gives several tips on how to do so: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206504
    JandN2639, bakron1 and Mars20 like this.
    02-22-2020 10:25 AM