Can I increase my iPhone memory storage?

stevencheung

Apr 2, 2019
Visit site
hello
I am Steven Cheung. if anybody know's how can i increase my iphone 6 memory storage.when i store photo and video in my phone my phone memory gone full becase my memory storage is 16GB and i want to expand this with more GB without purchasing new iphone.i hope you will help me.

Thank you,

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: can i increase my iPhone memory storage?

Welcome to the forums. The storage used is usually soldered on the board. The chip itself is pretty hard to come by, as I understand, and swapping it may not be as easy as simply replacing it. I wouldn't be surprised if the phone will be unresponsive if you did manage to swap the chips out.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to iMore. Thanks for joining and please feel free to join in on the many threads and topics. Lee_Bo suggestion is very good short of purchasing a new device. Good Luck with your decision.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
can i increase my iPhone memory storage?

There is a YouTube channel called Strange Parts, he did upgrade the storage on an iPhone. I do not condone or recommend this. It’s a very intensive process with a high chance of failure. It also requires the use of a microscope, heat, liquid solder, patience, and technical proficiency. Your best option is a lightning connected storage device or a new phone. Again, I do not condone or recommended trying to change the memory chip on your phone.

EDIT: That process would also void your warranty.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You could upload photos to cloud apps like Box or Dropbox, then delete them from your camera roll.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site

Personal recommendation: offload photos, videos, and documents to your computer or the cloud as often as possible, and minimize the space rarely-used apps require in Settings.

flica66

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

This is a perfect solution to maximize the storage, but when I used Pen-Drive in my iPhone 6, my phone did not work smoothly. I think it was a problem of RAM so i upgraded my phone.

cgarrison812

Mar 22, 2019
Visit site

Hi, Steven. You can download your photo and video to the google drive, Dropbox, etc and the delete it from your iphone

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

Some stores that service Apple devices are willing to upgrade storage for a fee. However, this might invalidate your Apple warranty, if you have one. I know some Apple users who have done this once their warranty is over and are very happy with the results.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site

Steven, we store our Google and iPhone photos in Dropbox automatically. You may want to try this.

Unfortunately, unlike Android phones, the only way to add to an iPhone's storage capacity without jeopardizing your contract is to buy one with more memory.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

While you cant increase storage on your iPhone, it is possible to free up space. As others have suggested, you can use sites like Dropbox or Google Photos to store photos. There are all sorts of tips on how to free up space. Here’s a link from Apple Support that gives several tips on how to do so: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206504

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2