Iphone battery drain upto 72% overnight after software update

KanzaJamil

Jul 23, 2018
Visit site
My iPhone battery was ok but after software update, its draining like crazy! I don't know what to do, I'm thinking about resetting the phone but this morning the phone was off but of the low battery. Please help..

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello KanzaJamil, welcome to iMore!

I was having the same issue after updating, but not as extreme. Not sure what happened but mine eventually settled and now the battery seems to be holding up as before. ( @Spencerdl )

Before doing a factory reset you can try going in to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Fully charge your phone and then wait for a few days and see how things go from there. I was going to try this but since my battery settled down I didn't have to.

Report back and let us know how things are going!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello KanzaJamil, welcome to iMore!

I was having the same issue after updating, but not as extreme. Not sure what happened but mine eventually settled and now the battery seems to be holding up as before. ( @Spencerdl )

Before doing a factory reset you can try going in to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Fully charge your phone and then wait for a few days and see how things go from there. I was going to try this but since my battery settled down I didn't have to.

Report back and let us know how things are going!

Yes Sherry my Battery has also improved drastically over the last week. Thanks for the info tho. Much appreciated.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes Sherry my Battery has also improved drastically over the last week.

Tagged you to see if yours was the same or had improved like mine. :)

I wonder what app was auto updated that we both use. An Apple app perhaps? Odd since there was no OS update to improve the battery life.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Tagged you to see if yours was the same or had improved like mine.

I wonder what app was auto updated that we both use. An Apple app perhaps? Odd since there was no OS update to improve the battery life.

Thanks . Maybe it just needed to settle in. I came from iOS 10.3.3 to 11.4.1 and maybe my iPhone was in a state of shock...LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro