My phone will sound a text alert only once in a while. Most of the time it is totally silent. I don’t have it switched to silent mode when this happens and my Do Not Disturb is only in effect when I am driving. I have the latest iOS installed (currently 11.3.1). I also have an Apple Watch - 1st gen that I keep in silent mode. I am wondering if it is the cause of this issue. My watch doesn’t always inform me via haptic when I get a text either. I am going to take my watch off silent and see if that helps. In the meantime, if anyone else has experienced this issue and has figured it out, I would appreciate a response.

Thanks ~ Jill
    05-25-2018 10:36 PM
    Your watch gets the notifications. Regardless of silent mode or not, it will cause that your iPhone doesn’t notify you with a sound.
    You’ll either have to enable DND on the watch or disable notifications for that specific app in your watch Settings
    05-26-2018 02:01 AM
    Question. Are these text messages coming from other iPhone users, Android users, of one of those two - factor security web logins?

The reason I ask is because I too experience this, but it only seems to be from Android users and two factor logins. I always get notified of texts from other iPhone users but about 50/50 from Android uses and security pins.

I also can't comment on Windows mobile as I don't have any friends using them.
    05-26-2018 11:04 AM