STRANGE PROB, please help! Important texts lost when iphone 6 turned back on :( Thank you <3

AlMoocho

Apr 2, 2018
Visit site
I am losing important text messages in strange fashion:
- The texts would be sent to me while my iphone 6 is off (mostly at night)
- When iphone 6 turned back on, I HEAR THE SOUND NOTIFICATION FOR RECEIVED TEXT MESSAGES.
- But when I go to the text app to read them, THE TEXTS ARE NOT THERE AND HAVE BEEN ERASED in some fashion!

I called the cell phone company (Bell Canada) and the wobbly agent there said they don't keep a log of text messages. Not sure if I should believe that!

Please help:
1) Is there a way of recovering the lost text messages?
2) is there a fix to this problem for future messages?

Thank you kindly :) <3

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
1. Do you have any other devices using iMessage with that same phone number attached? If so then check them.
2. I recommend turning on Messages in iCloud. Go to Settings > Your name (at the very top of the menu) > iCloud, and then make sure the Messages radio button is turned on.
3. Do you have an Unknown & Junk tab in your Messages app (see attached image)? Look for your messages there.
4. If you’re using iMessage (blue bubbles in message conversations as opposed to green SMS bubbles) then your conversations are double end-to-end encrypted and your wireless provider does not have access to your messages at any time. In fact, Apple claims to not even have access to your messages.
5. If your provider’s agents are wobbly perhaps they should check what they’re mixing into their coffee.
1048ca79f7ea9819b0593eace217eaea.jpg

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

It is not necessary to power down your device at night you can schedule Do Not Disturb to quite your device at night

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

It is not necessary to power down your device at night you can schedule Do Not Disturb to quite your device at night

True, but that doesn't solve the OP's problem.

OP - have you tried using another messaging program besides iMessage?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox