Referring to recent issue where apple admitted to deliberately slowing iPhone (performance) through software updates to avoid battery issues in older phones . And than subsequently offering subsidized battery replacement too .

my question is , has anyone tried battery replacement ? has it really improved general performance of iPhone (lag particularly) ?

At the moment i m not in position to upgrade my phone so wandering if this battery investment worth a shot ?

Thanks .
    01-05-2018 05:54 AM
    Hi there,
    Someone in the forum replaced their iPhone 6/6s battery and it did improved its performance

For the price of $29, it’s definitely worth it.
    01-05-2018 06:53 AM
    Good question cause I had to have my battery replaced almost a year ago before they came up with this "slowing down performance stuff". And now experiencing drain on my battery yet again. I do work outside in cold weather. For instance I just was outside. Left my phone sitting in my garage. Was at 60%, dropped to 46% then not minutes later I go to look its at 1% and it died.
    greatkeen likes this.
    01-05-2018 12:21 PM
    I purchased a replacement form Amazon for my 6s and replaced it. It is like having a new phone . I am running 11.2.5 beta. Geekbench 4 stats had me at 50% . With new battery run at or above 6s standard.i would suggest purchasing.
    greatkeen likes this.
    01-05-2018 07:04 PM
    Referring to recent issue where apple admitted to deliberately slowing iPhone (performance) through software updates to avoid battery issues in older phones . And than subsequently offering subsidized battery replacement too .

my question is , has anyone tried battery replacement ? has it really improved general performance of iPhone (lag particularly) ?

At the moment i m not in position to upgrade my phone so wandering if this battery investment worth a shot ?

Thanks .
    Yes, getting a new battery can help improve performance.
    greatkeen likes this.
    01-06-2018 09:17 AM
    I had my battery replaced yesterday. My Battery settings had already let me know that it needed servicing before the current brouhaha (though the argument that a device that cost as much as it does needs a component replaced after a little over 2 years of use is one for the courts or consumer protection laws to debate), and so I went for it.

Am I seeing a marked improvement in how the phone operates? If I was concerned about milliseconds or doing some heavy video editing on it, maybe I would, but frankly, I don't see it. Meanwhile, leaving settings as they were prior to the swap-out and doing the things I normally do with it, yes, a fresh battery has helped. 8 hours unplugged at this stage and at 48%. I was getting to 20% within 4 hours before - if it wasn't jumping back and forth between 20 - 50%, depending on its mood. Still, not brilliant - but I'll generously blame the bluetooth connection to my Martian watch and on Wi-fi - much everything else (apps running in the background, for example) mostly turned off.

Certainly worth the replacement - at this price, certainly cheaper than a new iPhone (as the lawsuits point out) - but only time will tell if worth the faith in the company...
    greatkeen likes this.
    01-07-2018 04:05 PM
    I had my battery replaced yesterday. My Battery settings had already let me know that it needed servicing before the current brouhaha (though the argument that a device that cost as much as it does needs a component replaced after a little over 2 years of use is one for the courts or consumer protection laws to debate), and so I went for it.

Am I seeing a marked improvement in how the phone operates? If I was concerned about milliseconds or doing some heavy video editing on it, maybe I would, but frankly, I don't see it. Meanwhile, leaving settings as they were prior to the swap-out and doing the things I normally do with it, yes, a fresh battery has helped. 8 hours unplugged at this stage and at 48%. I was getting to 20% within 4 hours before - if it wasn't jumping back and forth between 20 - 50%, depending on its mood. Still, not brilliant - but I'll generously blame the bluetooth connection to my Martian watch and on Wi-fi - much everything else (apps running in the background, for example) mostly turned off.

Certainly worth the replacement - at this price, certainly cheaper than a new iPhone (as the lawsuits point out) - but only time will tell if worth the faith in the company...
    Thanks for this feedback .. much appreciated .
    01-08-2018 12:53 AM
    How long did it take to have them replace it? did you walk in? make an appointment?
    01-11-2018 11:50 AM
    How long did it take to have them replace it? did you walk in? make an appointment?
    There's reports out there of lack of stock on some models.

I made an appointment online - I went to the website of my closest Apple Store and when I requested 'repair on battery', the application showed that my store wasn't even accepting appointments at present, but it did direct me to another Store in town that had an opening / battery the next day. The place was a bit of a zoo (as per most Apple Stores), but my appointment got me in front of a 'Genius' relatively close to appointment time. Did a diagnostic first and took it in. Expect about two hours. That's what I was told and it was a little over that.
    01-11-2018 04:19 PM