This is long, so I do apologize.

Just seeing if anyone else has the same problem. iPhone 6, perhaps after an update, texts stopped working. Previous texts have been deleted somehow. When we try to text the send button is green. Also the add photo and add GIF buttons do not work. If we go to the contact list, choose her name, and choose “message“, under the text area, instead of putting The name, it reads “no name” in green.

Under settings and message, iMessage, SMS, MMS and group message are all on. Show subject field is off. Keep message history is set on forever.

Again, when a message is trying to be sent, the send button is green. When it is pressed, nothing happens.

Working on this for two days now. Very frustrating. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!
    12-04-2017 07:03 AM
    What version of iOS are you running? Have you tried a hard reboot yet? A hard reboot does not delete anything from the phone.

To hard reboot an iPhone 6, hold down the Power button and the Home button both at the same time until you see the Apple Logo. Once you see the Apple logo, let go of both buttons and allow the phone to reboot.

Other things to try;

Resetting the phone's network connection by going into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You'll need to re-add your WiFi password again to your phone.

Disable and re-enable iMessages by going into Settings > Messages. Toggle iMessage off and back on again.

Post back and let us know what version of iOS is on the phone and how trying all three things listed above worked for you.
    kcox52692 likes this.
    12-05-2017 12:33 PM
    Hi. Thank you for your reply. I have tried all those things. He is running IOS 11.2. We are through Straight Talk. Just finished chatting with them. The did some resetting on their end. Had me turn on and off twice. It worked for about 3 texts, then it is doing the same thing. Weird.
    12-06-2017 03:39 PM