Time to get another battery, why me?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Last winter after having my phone for almost a 2 years I ran into battery issues in the cold weather. Going from full charge to dead in very short periods of time.
Today I go to work with phone at 90% and shut it off. I left it in my lunch box wrapped up in a bandana and inside a winter hat lol. Try to keep some of the cold off it. I go to put it on at my break time. It was dead completely, wouldn't even go on.
I have been keeping it on low power mode alot anyways since I had the battery changed early this year.

Is there anything else I can do? It seems very strange. I left work and had it plugged into car for maybe 10 minutes then it comes on and its at 42%. I know they dont operate well in cold temperatures but this is pretty annoying.
Looks like I'll be making another appointment to get battery changed unless I find a better solution.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In your specific situation, what was the actual temperature when you discovered that your battery had been depleted?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
It left my car and sat in my lunch box inside a bandana and hat, trying to keep the cold off it. But the outside temperature was mid 20s. It is below the recommended operating temperatures but I find it odd that I had the phone off and it still depleted it.
I have an app that tells battery usage and it is telling me I should thinka bout getting a new battery. I'll be making an appointment for sure.