I have an iPhone 6s and today vertical lines started to pop up. They gradually fade in and then gradually fade out. There is no broken glass/screen and there has been no water damage at all. I have contacted Apple support twice and all they told me was to restore the phone, which did absolutely nothing. I know I'm gonna have to get it fixed but paying 125 dollars for something that I didn't do sound pretty unreasonable. Is there any way to know what needs to be fixed and if I can get a discount?
    11-02-2017 06:04 PM
    Welcome to iMore!

There is no way of knowing what is wrong. It is an electronic device and things happen. Best suggestion I can offer is to have it looked at by Apple and have it repaired. Sorry I couldn't offer you better news. Thanks.
    11-02-2017 06:33 PM
    I have an iPhone 6s and today vertical lines started to pop up. They gradually fade in and then gradually fade out. There is no broken glass/screen and there has been no water damage at all. I have contacted Apple support twice and all they told me was to restore the phone, which did absolutely nothing. I know I'm gonna have to get it fixed but paying 125 dollars for something that I didn't do sound pretty unreasonable. Is there any way to know what needs to be fixed and if I can get a discount?
    How long have you had the device? If you’ve recently brought it brand new somewhere, take it to the nearest Apple Store with the receipt. If you’ve had it for several years then yeah, you’re going to have to pay to get it fixed unless you’re still within the “Apple Care Plus” warranty period.
    11-02-2017 06:44 PM
    How about fixing it myself? I am pretty confident handling electronics... ya think its worth it?
    11-02-2017 06:46 PM