Battery change?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Is it worth having a battery changed in an iphone 6? Mine seems to drain awfully quickly and I can't figure out why it is doing that. I've actually resorted to put it on low power mode most of the time.

They can do this at the apple store I imagine. What is the price?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Is it worth having a battery changed in an iphone 6? Mine seems to drain awfully quickly and I can't figure out why it is doing that. I've actually resorted to put it on low power mode most of the time.

They can do this at the apple store I imagine. What is the price?

Here is a guide by Apple on some things you can try first before replacing your battery as well what it will cost to replace your battery should it be required.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Here is a guide by Apple on some things you can try first before replacing your battery as well what it will cost to replace your battery should it be required.

I'll have to take a look. It just seems like it drains fairly quick compared to the usage I have. Unless it's cause the phone is always on. But I worry about when I do facebook quizzes and sometimes it will try to direct me to another page. Click bait, basically. I always refuse to but never know what could go on phone. Nobody seems to think that a phone can pick up any bugs. But makes me wonder.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I'll have to take a look. It just seems like it drains fairly quick compared to the usage I have. Unless it's cause the phone is always on. But I worry about when I do facebook quizzes and sometimes it will try to direct me to another page. Click bait, basically. I always refuse to but never know what could go on phone. Nobody seems to think that a phone can pick up any bugs. But makes me wonder.

Your usage is average. Not sure when you originally got you 6, but I got mine on launch day. Mine is showing signs of wear after 2 years of daily use. Make a Genius appointment and have them look at it.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
It just seems odd how some days it just eats the battery. I'm sitting in car right now I took it off charger about 2 hours ago. Already down to 67%. I sit here and watch it drop in life as I write this to.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is an iPhone 6? Seems about right. Facebook and Snapchat at the top. Both will use some battery. You have a ways to go before you're ready for a new battery. You'll know when the time comes.

Those apps, plus cellular/LTE signal strength, can really affect your battery stats.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm noticing now that it seems when I charge it, it will get up to 80% and shut off the low power setting on its own. I've been keeping it on low power mode because it just eats away the battery. But to go from 80% to 100% it seems like it takes a long time. Actually have a battery pack on order to charge it if I'm away from a power source.

I'd go reset things but hesitant cause I don't want to lose anything and I'm fussy like that. If one thing seems off then it bugs me.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm noticing now that it seems when I charge it, it will get up to 80% and shut off the low power setting on its own. I've been keeping it on low power mode because it just eats away the battery. But to go from 80% to 100% it seems like it takes a long time. Actually have a battery pack on order to charge it if I'm away from a power source.

I'd go reset things but hesitant cause I don't want to lose anything and I'm fussy like that. If one thing seems off then it bugs me.

The Low Power Mode shutting of at 80% is by design. Changing your charger will not change that.

Like with all sorts of rechargeable batteries, when the charging process has reached a certain level, the charger starts what's called 'trickle charging'. This is a much slower charging modus, to prevent your battery from overcharging. It's comparable with turning the tap water slower to avoid spilling the water.

Here is what Apple has to say about it all:
https://www.apple.com/batteries/why-lithium-ion/#mn_p

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
The Low Power Mode shutting of at 80% is by design. Changing your charger will not change that.

Like with all sorts of rechargeable batteries, when the charging process has reached a certain level, the charger starts what's called 'trickle charging'. This is a much slower charging modus, to prevent your battery from overcharging. It's comparable with turning the tap water slower to avoid spilling the water.

Here is what Apple has to say about it all:
https://www.apple.com/batteries/why-lithium-ion/#mn_p

Oh I know it shuts off the low power mode at that point. I am getting a charger that can be used wherever. Actually can charge off the wall or solar powered. I found doing facebook live video eats the battery away real quick. So the other battery pack will be good if I want to do stuff that consumes battery.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh I know it shuts off the low power mode at that point. I am getting a charger that can be used wherever. Actually can charge off the wall or solar powered. I found doing facebook live video eats the battery away real quick. So the other battery pack will be good if I want to do stuff that consumes battery.

Oh ok, I must have misread.
I, too, have battery packs with me always. Just bought a 2000 mAh one yesterday to take with me.
The other 2 are larger and depending on my needs, I will take them with me.
Since I have the 7 Plus now I realized that I'm not running out of battery at the end of the day unlike my 5S. That's why I have the 2000mAh now.

Last edited:

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Oh ok, I must have misread.
I, too, have battery packs with me always. Just bought a 2000 mAh one yesterday to take with me.
The other 2 are larger and depending on my needs, I will take them with me.
Since I have the 7 Plus now I realized that I'm not running out of battery at the end of the day unlike my 5S. That's why I have the 2000mAh now.

It just baffles me how this thing is now just dying so quickly even on low power mode. I hardly use it during day so I wonder if I left it on regular mode if it would be dying even faster. I wonder if it is searching signal or who knows.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods