Screen repair

Sandwhichx

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
My younger sister have me her iPhone 6 (or rather her dad and stepmom did as she's 15) for free with the understanding that it's my responsibility to fix the cracked screen. They told me their insurance on the phone only covered the first 2 repairs and they didn't want to pay for this one (sounds like Applecare).

So, I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are regarding paying the full price for a repair by Apple with guaranteed products vs any old phone repair shop with any old products. It's cheaper at a phone shop then at Apple but I don't necessarily want a random screen that may break more easily.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
My younger sister have me her iPhone 6 (or rather her dad and stepmom did as she's 15) for free with the understanding that it's my responsibility to fix the cracked screen. They told me their insurance on the phone only covered the first 2 repairs and they didn't want to pay for this one (sounds like Applecare).

So, I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are regarding paying the full price for a repair by Apple with guaranteed products vs any old phone repair shop with any old products. It's cheaper at a phone shop then at Apple but I don't necessarily want a random screen that may break more easily.

Welcome to iMore!

My suggestion is to have Apple repair it. You know it will be done properly and will get a guarantee. Yes it is more expensive but you did get the phone for free. Worth the peace of mind.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
firedept10 has a valid point.
But if you do your part as an educated consumer you can find a good quality repair shop that can do a good job as well.
I repair phones for a company that does corporate repairs. While i do agree there are some shady shops out there id like to stick up for the ones who do quality work with quality parts and trained techs.
Ask lots of questions. Do they warranty their work and parts? Do they seem shady? if the prices are super cheap chances are so are the parts. You do get what you pay for.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73