How to wipe a phone clean back to factory settings?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Debating upgrading to another phone. What would I need to do to wipe my current phone clean of all my information/contacts/photos/etc? I'd likely want to try to sell it off. But definitely don't want anything lingering left behind that was mine. Also if I use icloud is there a way to block someone who got my phone from accessing it?

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
If you're going to buy another iPhone I recommend you to do a backup then everything in your phone is save. Then you have to erase you iPhone to sell it. Go to the settings > general > on the bottom you'll find "reset" > and then tap on erase all content and settings. And after this you have to put your passcode so that they have sure that is really you that's resetting the phone and you done. Ready to sell it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you're going to buy another iPhone I recommend you to do a backup then everything in your phone is save. Then you have to erase you iPhone to sell it. Go to the settings > general > on the bottom you'll find "reset" > and then tap on erase all content and settings. And after this you have to put your passcode so that they have sure that is really you that's resetting the phone and you done. Ready to sell it.

That's not all you do. Check the link above.

danredon

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same issue the UberToast has with one of my work iPhones but I need to reset the phone to issue to another user ASAP. If anyone has any suggestions on how to restore a passcode locked phone (without using iTunes/iCloud), it would be greatly appreciated, I tried Safewiper Android eraser to http://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/android-data-eraser.html, it works fine,but it's not free.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same issue the UberToast has with one of my work iPhones but I need to reset the phone to issue to another user ASAP. If anyone has any suggestions on how to restore a passcode locked phone (without using iTunes/iCloud), it would be greatly appreciated.

It's not possible. The link below details every option but all of them require access to iTunes or iCloud.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods