Where is the never option on the autolock setting on my iPhone 6?

I

iMore Question

Iphone 6 autolock

The "never" option disappeared on the autolock in the settings. The 1 through 5 minute delay options are still there. How do I get the "never" back?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Iphone 6 autolock

Welcome to iMore! I believe the only way to set it to "never" would be to turn your passcode off in Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. Honestly though, if you do anything whatsoever on your device that involves any personal level of information, not having a passcode is a terrible idea. You know your use case better than I do though. For instance, I don't require a passcode for my kids to access their iPads because there's nothing crazy on there and they barely ever leave the house with them. My phone, on the other hand, is a different story. I would never even dream of going any length of time without a passcode.

jrvs88

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I have the exact same iPhone. We both are running iOS 10.2 and both have passcodes on our phones. The difference is she has the NEVER LOCK option and I do not. WHY???????????????????????????????????????????????????

MNKomrad

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Installing a work email account ( MS Exchange ) can remove the "never" option. You'll have to remove the account to get the option back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2