Why is my iPhone 6 128 g saying it is full?

I

iMore Question

why is my iphone 6 128 g saying it is full

I should have about 60 g free on my iphone 6 but I have a message to say there is only 480 mg free. This is the third time this has happened and the only way I found to get round this was to reset my phone and lose all my music etc on there.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my iphone 6 128 g saying it is full

Is there an available update waiting to be installed? Is the message for iCloud storage or for local storage on the device? Do you keep your iMessages and associated attachments? Is your iPhone in the process of syncing a large amount of photos, videos or music?

twingle

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
my phone is up to date and it's not icloud storage but the storage on my phone. It was fine until about 2 days ago when suddenly it said I only had 15 gig then within a day went down to 1 1/2 gig and then today 480 mg. This as happened twice and I even spoke to 02 and they said the only way to get the storage back is to restore the phone. It won't let me back up and once I restore I lose all my music just like the last two times. I have read on the net that this is a problem with iphone 6.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
my phone is up to date and it's not icloud storage but the storage on my phone. It was fine until about 2 days ago when suddenly it said I only had 15 gig then within a day went down to 1 1/2 gig and then today 480 mg. This as happened twice and I even spoke to 02 and they said the only way to get the storage back is to restore the phone. It won't let me back up and once I restore I lose all my music just like the last two times. I have read on the net that this is a problem with iphone 6.

I understand. Anyway, can you not manually transfer your music to a computer and then transfer it back to the iPhone after it's been restored and set up as new? I know it's an inconvenience, but one worth tolerating, in my opinion. Still, I'm not you and I can sympathize with your frustration. I had the Plus variant of the iPhone 6 and never had an issue like the one you're describing. Hopefully, other members who have will offer suggestions soon.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Its possible movies you rented or streamed were not properly deleted. I ran into this with a friends iPad. He had some movies from the play store and thought he removed them but they never fully deleted.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox