Hello!

Using iPhone 6, iOS9.3.2.

Seemingly all of a sudden I cannot send emails from my yahoo or gmail accounts. The emails hang in the outbox and then fail. The error I get is "the connection to the outgoing server apple.smtp.mail.yahoo/gmail.com failed"

There is no problem sending emails from the desktop.

I have tried rebooting, deleting and reinstalling the email accounts, changing email account password.

From reading around on the net it seems that I should try to renter the username and password info in the outgoing server details in settings, however I cannot do this as it is greyed out.

Any pointers would be appreciated, thank you!
    06-21-2016 01:55 PM
  2. Ledsteplin said: Best Answer

Try deleting the email accounts from the Mail app again. Then do a hard reset.
    Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release. Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Now add the email accounts back in. Go change or add the info in. Make sure the SMTP and IMAP are correct.
    Maybe is a connection issue. Try resetting your network settings.
    06-21-2016 03:35 PM
    Try deleting the email accounts from the Mail app again. Then do a hard reset.
    Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release. Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Now add the email accounts back in. Go change or add the info in. Make sure the SMTP and IMAP are correct.
    06-21-2016 03:52 PM