How can I recover storage space on an iPhone?

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
So my mom told me that she is running low on space for iCloud. She is using the default free storage.

I connected to her PC via TeamViewer and asked her to hookup her iPhone to the PC. She has iTunes 12.3.3 and iCloud for Windows installed. Also when she connected her iPhone and clicked TRUST This device when the message appeared on her iPhone's screen, in Computer in her PC she did see the iPhone icon, so I double clicked on it and there were like 4 DCIM folders with a number after each one like DCIM01, DCIM02, etc.

When checking the first 3 folders, they contain like 3 or 4 pics each.

The last one has a lot of pics/videos

She did mention to me though that there are more photos but I don't know where else to look.

If I click on the Photos app in her PC/Explorer in the left pane, I see 3 folders names Downloads, Uploads, and something else but they are empty

So:

1) How can I see the other photos she is telling me that there are more?

2) How do I empty her stuff in her iCloud storage so she won't get this low storage message? I want to move them all to her local phone storage

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
There is no easy way to view all of the photos outside of iTunes. iOS has limitations in place that don't typically allow your computer to see everything on the device. To free up space your best bet is to use a third party cloud service like Dropbox or OneDrive. Once you upload a photo to such a service you can remove it from your device, which will remove it from iCloud.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
not really what I was looking for, that just wants me to use the optimize photo feature which I don't want

all I wanna do is to move all photos from the iCloud online storage and have it stored locally both on her computer and on her iPhone's internal storage not iCloud though
Login to the iCloud website via a computer, select the iCloud Photo Library option, and then download the pics to a folder on your desktop. Afterwards, use iTunes to transfer any photos that are on the iPhone that are NOT among those you downloaded from iCloud. Afterwards, delete the pics from iCloud. The results will sync to the iPhone (if associated).

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Login to the iCloud website via a computer, select the iCloud Photo Library option, and then download the pics to a folder on your desktop. Afterwards, use iTunes to transfer any photos that are on the iPhone that are NOT among those you downloaded from iCloud. Afterwards, delete the pics from iCloud. The results will sync to the iPhone (if associated).

Thanks a lot

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234