Liquid Screen Protector

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Wanted to see if anyone has tried a liquid screen protector before. I bought the liquid armour screen today from Staples today, just waiting for it to cure.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll pass on this. I'm not THAT concerned about my screen. It's done great naked since September. No scratches at all.

Same here. When Apple stated in the Keynote that the screen on the 6s/6s Plus was the hardest most scratch resistance screen ever put on an iPhone was indeed correct.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll pass on this. I'm not THAT concerned about my screen. It's done great naked since September. No scratches at all.

Same here

In fact I never used any screen protection on any device except when I owned my LP on my i5 but didn't like it at all

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
67039e8cabb1a2483f427e10f8ad17b4.jpg

This is the package it came in.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok Liquid armor is basically a film coating that does nothing. What I don't like about it is that it defeats the point OF a screen protector. It permanently attaches to the screen and has about the same hardness rating as the screen itself, which means, in essence, that it is NOT a screen protector. The whole point of a SP is to absorb damage so your screen does not, and then be removed once it gets dinged up enough to warrant a new one. Whats the option with Liquid Armor after it has gotten scratched up? Oh, there isn't one. Just seems like a scam to me.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok Liquid armor is basically a film coating that does nothing. What I don't like about it is that it defeats the point OF a screen protector. It permanently attaches to the screen and has about the same hardness rating as the screen itself, which means, in essence, that it is NOT a screen protector. The whole point of a SP is to absorb damage so your screen does not, and then be removed once it gets dinged up enough to warrant a new one. Whats the option with Liquid Armor after it has gotten scratched up? Oh, there isn't one. Just seems like a scam to me.

Yea pretty much is a scam. I live by glass screen since i take my phone with me whrn riding atvs . Cutting grass etc. On another note i was worth trying since i only had to pay 8 bucks for it

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Right, this stuff is nothing more than polymer sealant. You can get the same thing at your local auto parts store. It does resist stains and water on the surface but won't do much for scratches.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77