I have an iPhone 6 and an Apple Watch. But when I am using either my bluetooth earbuds (Jaybird) or the iPhone is connected to my car via bluetooth, I can't get Siri to identify the song playing - whether I use the Watch to ask or just the iPhone itself. Now the response I get is that Siri can't identify songs when Bluetooth is being used.
    And I am sure that this function was there before.
    Anyone else with this issue?
    Thanks, Steve
    03-07-2016 06:29 PM
    Well, after reading your post, I decided to connect my iPhone 6S Plus to my Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker via Bluetooth, play a song via Music, and then ask Siri to identify the song. Of course, when I pressed and held the home button to initiate Siri, the music paused. I then asked Siri to identify the song. Afterwards, Siri properly identified the song and then the song resumed playing.
    03-07-2016 06:45 PM
    Well, after reading your post, I decided to connect my iPhone 6S Plus to my Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker via Bluetooth, play a song via Music, and then ask Siri to identify the song. Of course, when I pressed and held the home button to initiate Siri, the music paused. I then asked Siri to identify the song. Afterwards, Siri properly identified the song and then the song resumed playing.
    Glad it works for you - and I know that it used to work for me either using my Apple Watch or the home button. And it happens whether the iPhone is attached via Bluetooth to my earbuds or car.
    03-07-2016 07:30 PM
    Thanks. I'm been combing through the settings trying to figure out what could be the culprit, but I'm not seeing anything useful. What iOS version are you running?
    03-07-2016 07:43 PM
    Thanks. I'm been combing through the settings trying to figure out what could be the culprit, but I'm not seeing anything useful. What iOS version are you running?
    Latest - 9.2.1
    Thanks for trying'
    03-07-2016 08:05 PM
    As a followup - I just tried using Siri on my iPhone 6 WITHOUT any bluetooth device connected. And after it paused the song and I asked it "what song is playing", it either said "naming that tune" or "let me listen" but no answer was forthcoming. Very weird.
    03-07-2016 08:09 PM