Dropped phone

YoungLeiva

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, well recently I dropped my phone and I dont know how but it went under my foot causing me to step on it. It was weird but after that it still worked but the phone did get bent and what not, well the back case did. It was on and after a while it just turned off and it wouldnt turn on anymore. I tried charging it thinking it was a dead battery but it was a no go. I dont have insurance on it but i went to apple to see what could be done and they told me I couldnt do anything about it and I would have to buy a new phone and they offered to give me 60 dollars towards a new phone if I gave them the one i have. I dont really have money atm to buy another one, i was just wondering if it could be something internal that could be fixed or if i should just dump the phone. I will provide pictures but I wanted to ask before i did anything. Thank you
1.png2.png3.png

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ouch! Could be a damaged charger or battery. It could be a short. It could be the logic board. When you plug it in are you getting any kind of charging indicator whatsoever?

YoungLeiva

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I will go to a shop this week and see what they tell me, but just in case what would be a fair price to put it up for if im unable to get it fixed?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I will go to a shop this week and see what they tell me, but just in case what would be a fair price to put it up for if im unable to get it fixed?

I'm not sure. Check on eBay and see what other broken iPhones are going for. I'm sure it's more than what the Apple Store is offering you.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to see this happened to you. Take DevilishBanker's advice and see what they go for damaged on Ebay. The screen alone, if it is not damaged, is worth more than that to someone.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to see this happened to you. Take DevilishBanker's advice and see what they go for damaged on Ebay. The screen alone, if it is not damaged, is worth more than that to someone.

That was my advice =P

And true about the screen! It is almost more valued than the rest if the device!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711