I downloaded a tweak (to turn my music off on a timer) on my jailbroken iPhone 6. After resetting the springboard, I went to go to my settings and it wouldn't open. None of my apps would open so I turned my phone off. When it rebooted my password was changed and I was locked out. If I try turning it off it just shows a dimmed screen with the apple logo, brightens up again, and the lockscreen is back. I cannot do a factory reset through iTunes because it will not recognize the device. Please help.
    02-01-2016 03:36 AM
  2. Just_Me_D said: Best Answer

Put the device in DFU mode and restore it via iTunes. If you're unable to do that after a few attempts, consider your device useless. You can make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store but you're going to have to confirm your identity and association with the device.
    Welcome to iMore!

Not sure how to help you as I don't have a jailbroken phone, but hopefully someone will have information that gets you going in the right direction.
    02-01-2016 05:59 AM
    Put the device in DFU mode and restore it via iTunes. If you're unable to do that after a few attempts, consider your device useless. You can make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store but you're going to have to confirm your identity and association with the device.
    02-01-2016 07:38 AM
    Did you try booting it into safe mode by holding the volume up button during the boot process. Then you can delete the tweak that you last installed and maybe your good to go. Only use DFU restore as an absolute last resort.
    02-01-2016 09:04 PM