iPhone constantly running out of space, what can I do?

delco24

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
iPhone constantly running out of space

Hello,

I noticed that after updating to iOS 9.2.1 my iPhone 6 continually is running out of space. I only have the 16GB iPhone so I'm used to getting the low storage notification popups fairly often after adding music or downloading new games. However, I've been noticing over the last couple days that my phone is running out of storage every few hours. Last night, I had 0 bytes free so I deleted some old games and freed up about 150MB. This morning, I got the popup and had 0 bytes free again. So, I deleted some more apps/games and freed up another 250MB. But, this afternoon, my phone is back to being at 0 bytes free. I've hardly used my phone at all today so not sure how 250MB disappeared.

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas on what to do? Its getting very annoying. The only thing I can think of is to reset my phone and restore it fro m backup, but wanted to see if anyone has some other ideas first.

Thanks

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: iPhone constantly running out of space

I have a 16GB too, but I play games on my iPad, my photos and videos automatically upload to Google Photos and I stream my music. I have 51 apps and 6.8GB free ;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Some could be cache. The phone caches and apps cache. Apps like Facebook just sign out, then sign in to delete the cache. Others you have to delete, then reinstall. Move photos and videos to cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. Then delete from the camera roll. Delete messages. They take a lot of space if you don't delete them. Keep offline music to a minimum. Delete emails with images and videos. Hope this helps.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I'll echo @ledsteplin and suggest clearing cache on apps. Safari, Facebook, Tapatalk, etc (and basically anything else with images) all have a cache. Tapatalk has a way to clear through the app, Safari can clear in iOS settings.

I would also suggest looking at

Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage

The top section is local -- you can check what apps are using the most and go from there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2