iPhone 6 , iOS 9.2.1, almost a year using it, bought box pack and still no jail break or anything.

I am too fed up of apps taking so so long to update (meaning getting updated over Wi-Fi or data through App Store) .

Internet speed is good and performance all OK on all other endeavour. Just when there is an app that requires updating... It's a nightmare.

Guys, what could be the reason for it? Or is it like norm? Coming from long Android background and first iPhone.
    01-23-2016 03:59 AM
    If you're talking about the time to actually download and install the update once you've started the update process the only things that come to mind for me are that you're low on storage space (solved by deleting things to free up space) or you're having a software issue (usually solved by booting into recovery mode restoring your device through iTunes).
    In my personal experience with my 6 Plus, my current 6s Plus and my wife's 6s updates load very quickly. Even large updates are pretty fast.
    01-23-2016 07:08 AM
    A restore as new may help.
    01-23-2016 08:00 AM
    To make my problem more clear... I am not talking about iOS software update.... I am talking about the installed 3rd party apps.... When they have an update from App Store, that update takes way too long to download despite net speed being good enough.

Restore may not be a solution in my case, as I have regularly been updating my iOS, and my problem has been pretty consistent since always.

I am thinking along the lines if there is some port or proxy settings I should change etc to merely speed up the app download process.

PS : I have about 40 GB space free so space isn't the problem.
    01-23-2016 09:40 AM
    To make my problem more clear... I am not talking about iOS software update.... I am talking about the installed 3rd party apps.... When they have an update from App Store, that update takes way too long to download despite net speed being good enough.

Restore may not be a solution in my case, as I have regularly been updating my iOS, and my problem has been pretty consistent since always.

I am thinking along the lines if there is some port or proxy settings I should change etc to merely speed up the app download process.
    You can try resetting the "network settings".

Settings → General → Reset → "Reset Network Settings".
    01-23-2016 09:42 AM
    Reset network settings.... Will it effect any stored data?
    01-23-2016 09:44 AM
    Reset network settings.... Will it effect any stored data?
    You will have to re-enter your Wi-Fi network's passcode and re-pair your Bluetooth devices. Other than that, nothing major is affected.
    01-23-2016 10:00 AM
    I am having this same problem on three iPhones. Storage space isn't the problem.
    01-24-2016 05:55 PM
    You will have to re-enter your Wi-Fi network's passcode and re-pair your Bluetooth devices. Other than that, nothing major is affected.
    I reset network settings yesterday and it had no effect on my Bluetooth headset. It stayed paired.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-24-2016 08:07 PM
    I reset network settings yesterday and it had no effect on my Bluetooth headset. It stayed paired.
    Oh okay, great!...
    01-24-2016 08:08 PM
    Oh okay, great!...
    I wasn't sure since I had not used the headset. Checked it. Lol
    01-24-2016 08:12 PM
    I wasn't sure since I had not used the headset. Checked it. Lol
    I didn't think Bluetooth pairing would be affected, but I put it in there just in case....
    01-24-2016 08:13 PM
    i dont know if this is what your talking about but, i have apps that will update and it looks like there updating. Sometimes i dont cycle every screen but ill get to that screen a day later and its still showing that its in middle of update. It annoys the crud out of me and i havent figured out way get it to stop and you cant delete or re download it. apple support told me restore as new i did. They told me should get it checked out by them at store. only problem is dont have apple care have square trade :-X didnt get apple care because nearest apple store is almost two hours from me and i cannot drive.
    01-25-2016 02:03 AM
    i dont know if this is what your talking about but, i have apps that will update and it looks like there updating. Sometimes i dont cycle every screen but ill get to that screen a day later and its still showing that its in middle of update. It annoys the crud out of me and i havent figured out way get it to stop and you cant delete or re download it. apple support told me restore as new i did. They told me should get it checked out by them at store. only problem is dont have apple care have square trade :-X didnt get apple care because nearest apple store is almost two hours from me and i cannot drive.
    When you have one like that, go to the icon on screen and tap the X to delete. It won't fully delete, so then go to Settings > General > Usage > Manage storage > scroll down to the App and tap > Tap delete. Then go back to the icon on screen and tap the X again. It should delete. Then go and download the app.
    01-25-2016 09:12 AM
    Yes pretty much the same problem you faced. It's annoying as hell specially if it's an app you use on frequent basis. So you restored ur phone and problem solved?

Though I rather first just restore my network settings as suggested above.... Just that the Wi-Fi I use... Don't remember it's password... What a lol.

Thanks guys for ur suggestions so far.
    01-25-2016 09:24 AM
    When you have one like that, go to the icon on screen and tap the X to delete. It won't fully delete, so then go to Settings > General > Usage > Manage storage > scroll down to the App and tap > Tap delete. Then go back to the icon on screen and tap the X again. It should delete. Then go and download the app.
    Apple suggested that to me problem is I can only move icon there is no X to delete and to other persons post I dunno how can multi quote posts but no I just been dealing with it restore did nothing that was apples other directions and problem is still there
    01-25-2016 10:02 AM
    Apple suggested that to me problem is I can only move icon there is no X to delete and to other persons post I dunno how can multi quote posts but no I just been dealing with it restore did nothing that was apples other directions and problem is still there
    If it's a 3rd party app, there is an X. Press on the icon until they wiggle. Then you'll see the X.
    Like here:
    01-25-2016 11:11 AM
    If it's a 3rd party app, there is an X. Press on the icon until they wiggle. Then you'll see the X.
    Like here:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...5bb1e4b37e.jpg
    If it happens again soon I'll show you. I know how to delete apps I know about the X but when it does this where acts like its updating and then it just some reason doesn't there is no X. If this thread is still active when it happens again I'll post screen shot
    01-25-2016 12:39 PM
    If it happens again soon I'll show you. I know how to delete apps I know about the X but when it does this where acts like its updating and then it just some reason doesn't there is no X. If this thread is still active when it happens again I'll post screen shot
    Guess I spoke to soon didn't take much lol

01-25-2016 12:41 PM
    Guess I spoke to soon didn't take much lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a2f813e182.jpg
    OK, so go to Settings, like I showed, and delete it there. Then go back to the screen and if any remnant is left, delete it. I have apps do this too. It's how I deal with them.
    01-25-2016 01:53 PM
    OK, so go to Settings, like I showed, and delete it there. Then go back to the screen and if any remnant is left, delete it. I have apps do this too. It's how I deal with them.
    I mis understood you sorry I thought you were trying tell me just delete it like normal sorry misread it I'll try that thanks !
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    01-25-2016 01:55 PM
    I mis understood you sorry I thought you were trying tell me just delete it like normal sorry misread it I'll try that thanks !
    Believe me, I know those won't delete as they are. I keep thinking Apple will fix that. But, noooo! Lol
    01-25-2016 02:07 PM
    Believe me, I know those won't delete as they are. I keep thinking Apple will fix that. But, noooo! Lol
    It worked thanks ! Feel dumb not thinking of that long ago when it first started lol but again thank you !
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    01-25-2016 02:08 PM
    Solution No.1: Restart your iPhone
    To do this, press and hold the sleep/wake button. Move the slider, and turn off your device. Again, press and hold the sleep/wake button to turn it back on. Visit the App Store and see if you can download or update the apps.

Solution No.2: Sign out from the App Store
    This can help as well, and here is what you should do:

Go to Settings
    Click on iTunes and App Store
    Tap on your Apple ID, and sign out.
    Go to the App Store again and sign in.

Solution No.3: Wi-Fi Settings
    Try this: navigate to Settings, and click on Wi-Fi. Find your network, and click on the icon right next to it. Tap on Renew Lease. Go back to the App Store, and see if there is any difference.

Solution No.4: Update iOS
    You can update the software wirelessly. Connect to the Wi-Fi network, and connect your iPhone 6 to a power source. Go to Settings, tap on General, and tap on Software Update.

You can also update your iPhone using iTunes. Here is the full guide that includes both methods:

How to update iOS on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Solution No.5: Factory settings
    As you probably already know, before you decide to do this, you need to back up your device. Then, follow these steps:

Go to Settings
    Tap on General
    Select Reset
    Tap on Erase all Content and Settings
    When the process of resetting is over, you should follow the steps provided, in order to set up your device as new.
    01-29-2016 03:16 PM