Does anyone else still have lag on their iPhone 5s,6,6s on iOS 9?

tejman

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm sick of all the lag on this OS. The control center is especially laggy. 9.3 has improved it alot but I'm having battery drain. I wish apple would let people downgrade to iOS 8 because i'm sick of this slow OS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thankfully, I'm not experiencing lag, battery drainage or slowness in my iPhone 6S Plus. Have you tried restoring your iPhone 6 and setting it up as new, and not from a backup?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not experiencing lag on my iPhone 6s Plus. You should restore as new. Not from a back up. I did! Made a big difference. It's a pain, but worth it.

tejman

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I always restore when I update. Things always are a tad faster but are still slow. Especially the control center.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I still see lag on my 6.

No offense to anyone, but I roll my eyes the minute a new software update rolls out and someone posts "seems faster" or "no more lag!". 99% of the time, its placebo. I think freshly restored phones are slightly snappier because apps haven't been installed, caches cleared and occasional OS corruption is fixed.

I was pissed when iOS9 was released. All that talk about optimizing for older iPhones was nothing more than BS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I still see lag on my 6.

No offense to anyone, but I roll my eyes the minute a new software update rolls out and someone posts "seems faster" or "no more lag!". 99% of the time, its placebo. I think freshly restored phones are slightly snappier because apps haven't been installed, caches cleared and occasional OS corruption is fixed.

I was pissed when iOS9 was released. All that talk about optimizing for older iPhones was nothing more than BS.

None taken, but what about those of us whose devices really are snappy and lag-free? Some of us are keen at tweaking the settings to fit our needs and don't have a gazillion pics, videos and apps loaded on our devices. Know what I mean?

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I still see lag on my 6.

When I first got my 6s Plus, I set it up with the back up of my iPhone 5. It was horrible. I had several issues, including sluggishness. After 3 days, I restored as new. Not from a back up. It's been great ever since. Smoooth, no lag. I have 272 downloaded apps. Works great. I'm a heavy user. Retired and on my phone most of the time. A fresh copy of the OS does indeed help. These phones are just small computers. They must be treated as such. No matter what platform or brand. None are perfect. But they sure are nice and do a splendid job.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully, I'm not experiencing any lag on my 6. I didn't even restore through iTunes when I got it a couple weeks ago like I normally do. I likely will when I get 9.3 though just for GP. Not really that big of a deal to me to restore because i install the same 25 or so apps no matter what device or platform I'm on at the moment.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
9.3 really did better job with the OS being more fluid.
Intrigued to do fresh install in some point to see how it affects daily use.
Only thing thing stopping me doing that is I have about 1.7k pictures on my phone. I'm using Google pics to take backups tho so I guess I could return to those pictures when ever needed should I reset the phone completely.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The only lag I've experienced on my 5 is when sending an email. When I type a recipient name, it takes forever for matches to start showing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh