Can I undo a deleted note or somehow recover an old note?

I

iMore Question

I was typing some essay ideas in the notes section of my iPhone 6, as I have been doing with my iPhones for years since my first 3G, and suddenly the phone froze. So of course I stopped, quit the app, and re opened. Except this time when I tapped on the spot I left off on earlier, the phone froze again. I decided to wait for it to let me type, however to my horror the phone (on its own) selected the last 5 paragraphs of "essay ideas note" (literally months worth of work) and replaced it with the letter t. This has never happened before. I am baffled, heart broken, and desperate. I just paid 50$ for some iphonerescue app only to find out that although it'll back up my notes, it does not rescue any deleted or undo mistakes (I should have known it was false advertising, but I'm desperate remember). I don't know what to do! I didn't even touch the screen and it did it on its own. There has to be a way for me to undo the delete. Please please help. I don't care if I have to go into an apple store and pay my way to dissect my phone to its core memory. Is this possible? or once something is deleted, it can't be undone? :( first horrible problem with an iPhone. BTW, I back up my phone onto my laptop and haven't done so for a while due to my macbook pro sayings its full (When its literally empty, I backup and delete everything onto external hard drives). Thus, i can't just go recover the old notes:(

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Could those notes be backed up to iCloud? Also, was an email address used in Notes. Like Gmail for example? If so, go to your email account and check the Notes folder. If you don't see the Notes folder, go to Settings >Mail, Contacts and Calendar > Toggle Notes OFF. Then go check the Notes folder.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2