My iPhone 6 ran out of battery and when plugged in screen does not show its charging, why?

aBlackSquirre1

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
My iPhone 6 ran out of battery and when plugged in screen does not show its charging

last night i plugged my phone into a wall charger, over the night it did not turn on. Now the phone does not show the empty battery when i plug it in. I have used many power sources, chargers, and tried to hold down both buttons for a period of time nothing has been showed. Help?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: My iPhone 6 ran out of battery and when plugged in screen does not show its charging

With the device plugged in to a wall socket, press and hold both the power and home buttons until you see the  logo.

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: My iPhone 6 ran out of battery and when plugged in screen does not show its charging

That's should solve your problem. Or try hooking it up to your computer.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone 6 ran out of battery and when plugged in screen does not show its c...

I've read somewhere that Lithium batteries have protection against over-discharging, they do this by breaking the circuit if the voltage drops too low to prevent further drain. Unfortunately, once this has triggered, you can no longer put charge back into the battery because the battery is disconnected internally, so no matter how long you leave the phone on charge, it remains disconnected and flat.

You only need to get the voltage in the battery to raise a percent or two to reconnect the protection circuit so that it will charge again and you can do that by warming up the battery. You may get away with leaving the phone overnight in a very warm (hot) place, such as on top of a hot water tank, however a more efficient way is to heat it up the bottom of the iPhone until it's quite hot with a hairdryer. Heat it for a good 3-5 mins so that the hear soaks right through the battery and it feels hot to the touch, this will raise the internal voltage enough to reconnect the protection circuit. Immediately reconnect the charger to the phone. After about 10-20 mins, enough charge should get back into the battery to fire up the phone and it'll come back to life.
Try this only if hard reset (holding down both home and power button until the screen turn on) fail to revive the iPhone.

Jazmac

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

last night i plugged my phone into a wall charger, over the night it did not turn on. Now the phone does not show the empty battery when i plug it in. I have used many power sources, chargers, and tried to hold down both buttons for a period of time nothing has been showed. Help?

I had the same happen recently. I plugged in and no alert that it was connected. I swapped charge cables for a newer one and that worked. My guess is, these cables have connectors that eventually wear down. Its a stationary cable used specifically in charging this iphone 6 and it just no longer works. I switched to a backup, third party cable from Amazon. (Charge Electronics) Its working again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2