Apple Pay Question.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a Capitol one card and a Discover card added to my Apple Pay on my iPhone 6 (wallet) every now and then, I'll get a email from both cards saying, your card has been removed from Apple Pay. Why is that happening?

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Both cards are approved for Apple Pay. Now, when I try to add the cards back in, it says the card is already in my wallet when it fact it isn't.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Both cards are approved for Apple Pay. Now, when I try to add the cards back in, it says the card is already in my wallet when it fact it isn't.

Have you called the bank or credit card company and asked about it?
Have you tried swiping the wallet app out of multitasking?

Last edited:

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you called the bank or credit card company and asked about it?
Have you tried swiping the wallet app out of multitasking?

I did call the credit card companies. No fraud or anything. How do I do that ? Tried a soft reset. No help. Would a phone restore help?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I did call the credit card companies. No fraud or anything. How do I do that ? Tried a soft reset. No help. Would a phone restore help?

Soft? Did you try a hard reset?
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
If the hard reset does not work, try Reset All Settings before you restore.

Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

That don't work then a restore is in order. Back up your photos somewhere and restore as new. Not from a back up. A back up may contain the bug.

Have you talked to Apple Support?

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Soft? Did you try a hard reset?
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
If the hard reset does not work, try Reset All Settings before you restore.

Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

That don't work then a restore is in order. Back up your photos somewhere and restore as new. Not from a back up. A back up may contain the bug.

Have you talked to Apple Support?

I did reset all settings. And that may have worked. The cards were able to be added in, but there currently being activated. I'll be premature here, but I totally thank you for sticking with me during this process. I can't thank you enough. I'll let you know if the cards have been "activated"

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I did reset all settings. And that may have worked. The cards were able to be added in, but there currently being activated. I'll be premature here, but I totally thank you for sticking with me during this process. I can't thank you enough. I'll let you know if the cards have been "activated"

I had to Reset my Settings a few days ago. It's a PITA, but not as bad as a restore. If you had alarms set in the clock app, you need to do them again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal