How can I stop my iPhone 6 from freezing even after a hard reset?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 6 freezing even after hard reset

About a week ago my 2 month old iPhone 6 started freezing while using it. Sometimes I can't even answer an incoming call because the touchscreen is unresponsive. After backing up on iTunes last night, I did a hard reset, returning to factory settings. I decided to start fresh, not restoring, I put a couple of my apps on the phone to see if maybe I could figure out what app was causing issues. Within an hour, was having the same freezing issues. Decided to sleep on it and try again this morning. Again did a hard reset and decided to load NO apps to see if that would solve the problem. I could not even get through the initial setup of putting in the password for wifi before it froze up on me. Sometimes it is frozen for 30 seconds and I can carry on with what I am doing, sometimes I have to restart the phone with the hold both buttons method, it is completely random and totally unpredictable. Any and all advice is helpful. Thank you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 6 freezing even after hard reset

Welcome to iMore! If you're restoring your phone to default settings and still having an issue it's most likely a hardware issue. At this point you should contact Apple and have it exchanged. http://support.apple.com

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73