Friday night my IPhone 6 took a dive into the toilet! I immediately retrieved it and, for a couple of seconds it seemed fine but then went out. I rushed and placed it in a ziplock bag of uncooked rice. Apple wants $300 to replace while AT&T wants $100 deductible. So obviously I used my insurance and the new phone should be here by early this week. Here's the thing, this morning I decided to check and see if it had dried out and it did! Some how everything seemed to work just fine except I noticed it wakes up without being touched? it was charging and the screen would wake up then turn off? Do you guys think this will go away or should I take the phone that's being shipped?
    11-22-2015 08:58 AM
    It probably has some water damage. Go with the replacement.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    11-22-2015 09:00 AM
    Friday night my IPhone 6 took a dive into the toilet! I immediately retrieved it and, for a couple of seconds it seemed fine but then went out. I rushed and placed it in a ziplock bag of uncooked rice. Apple wants $300 to replace while AT&T wants $100 deductible. So obviously I used my insurance and the new phone should be here by early this week. Here's the thing, this morning I decided to check and see if it had dried out and it did! Some how everything seemed to work just fine except I noticed it wakes up without being touched? it was charging and the screen would wake up then turn off? Do you guys think this will go away or should I take the phone that's being shipped?
    Hi Stan. As @pr1nce stated, it's likely your phone has some water damage. Often times everything seems fine but then you start having issues down the road. Definitely go with the replacement. Who wants a phone that's been in a toilet anyway?
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    11-22-2015 12:10 PM
    Replace it! Not worth the hassle and potential issues down the road.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    11-22-2015 12:32 PM
    Some water damage doesn't show until later when parts start to corrode. Take the replacement.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    11-22-2015 04:28 PM
    Yea, that's what I was thinking, plus the guy at the apple store said the same thing. I kept the replacement.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-25-2015 06:59 PM
    Yea, that's what I was thinking, plus the guy at the apple store said the same thing. I kept the replacement.
    Good move! I'm glad you were able to get it worked out

Welcome to iMore!
    11-26-2015 06:57 AM
    Yes good move. I had a similar thing with my iPhone 5S and it also worked after water damage, so I kept using it, till 1 month later the thing died an instant death.
    11-27-2015 03:39 AM