Hi. After selling my iPhone 6 over a month ago I'm kinda missing it. I like the smoothness of the UI, gestures, speedy camera and gaming. But i still think there are many missing features which are needed. Since iOS 9.x i could be wrong with this presumption and need your thoughts on the following:

1. No custom action centre w/ ability to add/remove toggles such as network signal toggle
    2. Full stereo video recording
    3. Ability to assign an mp3 file as ringtone via the music player
    4. Speed dial on keypad
    5. Custom equaliser on music player + louder volumes when using headphones
    6. More unlocking options and not just entering numbers
    7. Third-party app link (e.g. Youtube, Instagram, etc.) to open in app and not in Safari
    8. Queue next song ability in music player
    9. Faster wireless file transfer (mp3 & mp4) from Mac to phone with or without iTunes
    10. Swipe to cancel notifications on lock screen &/or notifications pane
    11. Ability to share Notes to third-parties such as Gmail, Evernote, etc.
    12. Dedicated & simple file manager
    13. Dismiss all tasks in multitasking (like Android)
    14. Wider angle photos
    15. Water-resistant body coating
    16. No 16GB option as it is too small

Most of these suggestions i have been suggesting for 2(!) long years and i do not know why it has not been implemented as Android have them for a while. I would like to stick with having an iPhone and i feel strongly for these features. I just feel Apple has not been listening to us end users. Again, i could be wrong as some of them might be in iOS 9.x already or can be "found" using apps.

Any thoughts, advice or comments please?
    11-17-2015 05:06 AM
    Sounds like Android is the best fit for you based solely upon the criteria you listed. But if the features you are missing from iOS aren't available on your Android device, then iOS may be worth another try.

Added a few suggestions below based upon my experience with iOS. Others may know more.

6. TouchID is an option
    10. This option exists.
    11. Possible in iOS 9.
    12. File manager apps are available as are cloud storage. Documents by Readdle is one I like for a local+cloud storage manager.
    13. Option exists.
    16. Larger storage capacity options are available.
    Gino Guillermo likes this.
    11-17-2015 05:26 AM
    I appreciate Android might be my choice of OS but i'm still trying to figure out some "workarounds" from iOS.

Re #11 so far i have not encountered and can't see in Notes.

Re #12 I need a local Device manager wherein i can view basic files and documents, copy & paste them and transfer them elsewhere and then delete them at the same time.

Re #13 that option does not exist as you can't dismiss all tasks all at the same time similar to Android. You can dismiss one by one which i'm aware.
    11-17-2015 06:37 AM
    11. When you open a note, tap on the Share button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. I can share notes through Messages, email, Facebook, Evernote, Fantastical, save it as an image, and print, for example.

Questions about iOS 9.x-jpeg-image-03a09eeffb23-1.jpeg

Questions about iOS 9.x-img_0488.jpg

13. There is no option to dismiss all tasks but I also don't recommend doing that. iOS handles resources very well without user intervention and dismissing everything causes excess battery drain because your phone has to open tasks from storage rather than recalling from RAM. Just like on a Mac or PC, RAM is faster and more efficient.

Hope this helps!
    11-17-2015 06:42 AM
    Hmm interesting. So you mean if i have say 30 open tasks i have to browse through them one by one to look for and go back to each task to close or view if i want to?

Re sharing Notes as long as i install a third-party app such as Gmail or Inbox, Evernote, Keep, Box/Dropbox i can forward it to them?]

Will i see the same notes on my Mac Notes app with Notes on an iPhone?
    Last edited by Gino Guillermo; 11-17-2015 at 09:15 AM.
    11-17-2015 08:49 AM
    Hmm interesting. So you mean if i have say 30 open tasks i have to browse through them one by one to look for and go back to each task to close or view if i want to?

Re sharing Notes as long as i install a third-party app such as Gmail or Inbox, Evernote, Keep, Box/Dropbox i can forward it to them?]

Correct, you would have to close each task individually. Again, I don't think it's necessary unless a particular app is causing trouble.

Yes, you can forward notes that have been shared with third party services like Dropbox, provided the service allows forwarding.

You will see notes on any device signed into the same iCloud account as long as you have them saved to the iCloud account. By default, this is the only account available unless you have the "On My iPhone" account enabled in Settings > Notes.
    11-17-2015 08:30 PM

Android is the same for browsing open tasks or closing them. You'll have to scroll through and then open/close if needed.
    11-18-2015 07:48 AM
    The iCloud service seems very easy to set up and manage on my Mac. But there are no dedicated Cloud File manager on the Mac. I could be wrong.

So, now that i'm signed-in on my Mac i will be able to see such files on my iPhone as long as i'm logged/synced in on my iCloud account?
    11-18-2015 04:07 PM
    iCloud Drive is in Finder, and can see files that have been put in iCloud Drive on the phone. I don't use iCloud Drive much, but that's been my experience so far. Others may have more information and experience with it.
    11-19-2015 07:29 AM
    I have heard the iCloud drive on en iPhone or iPad is very much a limited-capable "app".

Is there a similar app (a local/offline File Manager app) for the iPhone where you can recommend?
    Last edited by Gino Guillermo; 01-30-2016 at 11:11 AM.
    11-19-2015 12:54 PM