I have a good condition iPhone 6 that has water damaged and will not power up no more. I have done everything I can to bring it back but I am afraid the logic board is garbage. I am going to try and replace the IC power supply chip to it and see if that will do the trick. If that doesn't work I will need to replace the whole logic board. Can this be done on the iPhone 6? I read that I need to remove 3 chips off the old board and put them on the new board. Can anyone confirm this please and if so what are the chips called that I need to remove?
    11-14-2015 06:09 AM
    You might want to visit the ifixit website in regard the this matter. They have very detailed tutorials on how to replace various components of your Apple products.
    11-14-2015 12:53 PM
    I have a good condition iPhone 6 that has water damaged and will not power up no more. I have done everything I can to bring it back but I am afraid the logic board is garbage. I am going to try and replace the IC power supply chip to it and see if that will do the trick. If that doesn't work I will need to replace the whole logic board. Can this be done on the iPhone 6? I read that I need to remove 3 chips off the old board and put them on the new board. Can anyone confirm this please and if so what are the chips called that I need to remove?
    Have not seen it done but not saying it can't .. But imo it would be easier to take it to Apple and pay 299 to replace the whole phone
    11-14-2015 01:11 PM