Bought a second hand iphone 6 and it ain't working... please help?

mmaadd

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
So I bought a second hand iphone 6 from an online site similar to craigslist in my country. Went to the guys house and he gave me the phone to inspect and it was in perfect condition and connected to his wifi and was working perfect so I thought it would be fine.

Put in a sim card today and my internet works but I cannot make or receive calls or send/receive texts.
Anyone know why? know how I can make it work? I am thinking that this guy got a bill phone and just cancelled the contract and I just donated a lot of money to him for a phone that doesn't work, am I screwed?

jayodin10

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Is the SIM the right one ? Is airplane mode disabled ? Is your network activated ?

I purchased this iPhone 6 128GB from a local site and had to trim my SIM to nano specs, put it in and then I had the same issue. Took it out, wiped clean, restored to factory settings and then put back the SIM and it took approx 2 minutes for it to register , lock on to the network with the right APN. And it's over a month now and all works fine.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So I bought a second hand iphone 6 from an online site similar to craigslist in my country. Went to the guys house and he gave me the phone to inspect and it was in perfect condition and connected to his wifi and was working perfect so I thought it would be fine.

Put in a sim card today and my internet works but I cannot make or receive calls or send/receive texts.
Anyone know why? know how I can make it work? I am thinking that this guy got a bill phone and just cancelled the contract and I just donated a lot of money to him for a phone that doesn't work, am I screwed?

Sounds like a SIM card or carrier issue

mmaadd

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
The previous owner was the same network I am so I doubt that is the issue, and I checked that blacklist site and it is not on it which is good.

I am a bit weary of going to the store to unlock it just in case that guy was not meant to sell it and they then blacklist so I will restore factory settings and try that, and if that fails pay someone to unlock it(wouldn't have a clue how to myself)

Thanks guys!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2