I have a problem texting ONE PERSON..keep getting message failure code. How can I fix this?

I

iMore Question

problem texting ONE PERSON....keep getting message failure code

I have one person in my contacts whom i can receive texts from but whom i CANNOT text! Here is what i've done to fix:
1. deleted this person from contacts and any app which he may be connected to
2. deleted him from contact sync, gmail, etc.
3. deleted his text history
4. rebooted phone
5. made sure he hasn't blocked me and i haven't blocked him
6. deleted his contact from all synced devices

He uses an android (note), I use iphone6. He also deleted my contact on his side (first we tried unlinking me as suggested by sprint store rep-didnt work). After doing all of this I entered his number in (all 10 numbers--1 plus area code included) as if he were a brand new contact and i STILL am getting the 923-0 "message sent using an invalid number of digits. msg 2114"
THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY--ironically this is my kids father so i kind of need to be in contact with him....this has been going on for over a year and i cant figure out how to fix it....please help!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: problem texting ONE PERSON....keep getting message failure code

I have one person in my contacts whom i can receive texts from but whom i CANNOT text! Here is what i've done to fix:
1. deleted this person from contacts and any app which he may be connected to
2. deleted him from contact sync, gmail, etc.
3. deleted his text history
4. rebooted phone
5. made sure he hasn't blocked me and i haven't blocked him
6. deleted his contact from all synced devices

He uses an android (note), I use iphone6. He also deleted my contact on his side (first we tried unlinking me as suggested by sprint store rep-didnt work). After doing all of this I entered his number in (all 10 numbers--1 plus area code included) as if he were a brand new contact and i STILL am getting the 923-0 "message sent using an invalid number of digits. msg 2114"
THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY--ironically this is my kids father so i kind of need to be in contact with him....this has been going on for over a year and i cant figure out how to fix it....please help!

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/79666

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/928005

try suggestions in here seems to be a sprint issue.

prof o

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: problem texting ONE PERSON....keep getting message failure code

After deleting this contact from everywhere possible, doing a network reset (this didn't work), asking technicians, scrolling through forums and using the links above I ended up on an android forum which gave me an idea which led to a solution. The android fix was to delete the dialer history. Many people who have had this issue tend to only have it with someone they text a lot (husband, wife, kid, etc) which made me think maybe this is some sick programmer joke. But the reason we are getting the error message is at some point we entered this number we call a lot WITHOUT the area code. So deleting the contact won't help unless you also delete all instances of that number appearing in your phone: this includes text history and dialing history. Remember, this person could be in a group text from 2 years ago which you didn't even realize.
My issue was resolved when i went in and deleted all text messages from the last year (or for you go back to when the problem first started and delete all texts). Happened he was in some random group text.....FIXED!!

Now someone tell the sprint technicians please!