I've been having issues with backing up my iphone to icloud. It only has my calendar info saved and not my photos or contacts or anything else even though they are turned on. Now I can't even set it to backup. All the times I've tried it says "the last backup could not be completed" I am on wifi as need be. All this time I thought my stuff was backed up somewhere and it hasn't been actually being saved to anywhere. I go on the icloud and my photos and contacts section is empty.
    11-08-2015 12:24 PM
    In order for your device to backup to iCloud a few things are required. First, your iPhone has to be plugged in and connected to wifi. Second, you have to have enough iCloud storage available to complete the backup. Have you checked both of those? Do you have old devices that are taking up iCloud space? Are other devices able to backup to that iCloud account?
    11-08-2015 12:31 PM
    Why won't my iPhone 6 perform a backup?-imoreappimg_20151108_123300.jpgWhy won't my iPhone 6 perform a backup?-imoreappimg_20151108_123305.jpgWhy won't my iPhone 6 perform a backup?-imoreappimg_20151108_123311.jpgWhy won't my iPhone 6 perform a backup?-imoreappimg_20151108_123319.jpg
    These are how my settings are. I have to be connected to usb on computer? It was saying it was backed up just using wifi. Now it won't complete backup as shown in one photo.
    11-08-2015 12:34 PM
    These are how my settings are. I have to be connected to usb on computer? It was saying it was backed up just using wifi. Now it won't complete backup as shown in one photo.
    Settings look fine. You don't have to be connected to a computer but automatic backups will only take place if the phone is plugged in, either to a computer or a charger.
    11-08-2015 12:48 PM
    By the way, I just checked and my last iCloud backup was yesterday early AM and I had a message that my last backup couldn't be completed either. Could have just been an issue on Apple's side. My just be a coincidence.
    11-08-2015 12:49 PM
    Okay, I found a few more suggestions for you:
    1. Log out of iCloud in your device and then log back in.
    2. Reset network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Networo Settings
    3. Delete your existing iCloud backup and then backup again in Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage
    4. Turn off iCloud Photo Library and then turn back on
    5. If all else fails, restore your device. The preferred method is using iTunes.
    11-08-2015 12:58 PM
    By the way, I just checked and my last iCloud backup was yesterday early AM and I had a message that my last backup couldn't be completed either. Could have just been an issue on Apple's side. My just be a coincidence.
    Yeah it says need to be connected to wifi for it to go automatic. I did that yesterday. Hopefully just a coincidence that it's not working. This is frustrating me beyond believe. Still no explanation as to why on my icloud account it only has my calendar stuff saved but the photos and contacts are is empty.
    11-08-2015 12:58 PM
    Yeah it says need to be connected to wifi for it to go automatic. I did that yesterday. Hopefully just a coincidence that it's not working. This is frustrating me beyond believe. Still no explanation as to why on my icloud account it only has my calendar stuff saved but the photos and contacts are is empty.
    My only suggestion is trying the steps I mentioned above. It's an interesting issue. If all else fails take it to an Apple Store and see a Genius.
    11-08-2015 01:01 PM
    In regards to the signing out I got this message. I do not want to lose everything by signing out. Will it remove everything from phone if I signed out?Why won't my iPhone 6 perform a backup?-imoreappimg_20151108_130704.jpg
    11-08-2015 01:07 PM
    In regards to the signing out I got this message. I do not want to lose everything by signing out. Will it remove everything from phone if I signed out?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iMoreAppImg_20151108_130704.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	97778
    It will remove photos that are already stored in iCloud that are on your device. It will not remove photos stored locally on your device.
    11-08-2015 03:02 PM
    A bunch of folks have had this issue. Apple addressed it in a previous update, but it still persists. Maybe more feedback.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

My back ups are working ok. Last one this am at 10:37 central.
    11-08-2015 06:28 PM
    It will remove photos that are already stored in iCloud that are on your device. It will not remove photos stored locally on your device.
    I guess I just won't sign out off my device because I don't want anything deleted off the phone. I wish there was a way to leave it on the device and also have them stored in icloud without anything being removed. Or if that did happen where I needed to sign out, could I transfer them back to the device? I guess I just want everything in 2 places.

A bunch of folks have had this issue. Apple addressed it in a previous update, but it still persists. Maybe more feedback.

Apple - iPhone - Feedback

My back ups are working ok. Last one this am at 10:37 central.
    Yeah I had been on chat support and they were gonna have someone who knew this issue better call me. But then the photos started to slowly load onto my icloud. I'm still short a bunch but maybe it's just taking a long time.
    11-08-2015 07:06 PM
    I guess I just won't sign out off my device because I don't want anything deleted off the phone. I wish there was a way to leave it on the device and also have them stored in icloud without anything being removed. Or if that did happen where I needed to sign out, could I transfer them back to the device? I guess I just want everything in 2 places.

Yeah I had been on chat support and they were gonna have someone who knew this issue better call me. But then the photos started to slowly load onto my icloud. I'm still short a bunch but maybe it's just taking a long time.
    Give it time.
    11-08-2015 07:20 PM
    Give it time.
    Appears that is the case. So should I just leave it on wifi for the overnight and see what happens? It's still go maybe 500 pictures or so that aren't accounted for. The page updates every so often it seems.
    11-08-2015 07:59 PM
    Appears that is the case. So should I just leave it on wifi for the overnight and see what happens? It's still go maybe 500 pictures or so that aren't accounted for. The page updates every so often it seems.
    Uploading hundreds of photos takes time so I would do just that. Seeing more reports of iPhones not backing up last night. No worries.
    11-08-2015 08:51 PM
    My iPhone backed itself up overnight. Might want to check yours.
    11-09-2015 07:55 AM
    My iPhone backed itself up overnight. Might want to check yours.
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...662a2dfb09.jpg
    Must be some issue with the backup. My last one was Tuesday for some reason. I'll have to remember to throw it on wifi when it's plugged in. But still not sure why it's taking forever for my photos to catch up on icloud website.
    11-14-2015 02:10 PM