Using icloud thru computer

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
So I went to access my icloud account thru the computer and nothing is on there. I'm supposedly backedup and all but when I went to access photos or contacts, nothing is there. Do I need to do some sort of sync up to have the stuff be accessible thru the web page?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm gonna go on my phone and back it up and see what happens when I go on the website.

Well that did nothing. And stupid question I don't need to be like hooking my p hone up to the USB to do this right.

Not for iCloud back up. Your phone just needs to be locked and on Wifi =)

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you have iCloud enabled for your Contacts?

Settings > iCloud > Contacts (is the switch turned on)?

Same question for Photos.

Just having "backup" enabled" isn't enough if you want to be able to see the data from iCloud.com.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Do you have iCloud enabled for your Contacts?

Settings > iCloud > Contacts (is the switch turned on)?

Same question for Photos.

Just having "backup" enabled" isn't enough if you want to be able to see the data from iCloud.com.

Yes it is switched on for photos and contacts. I just went further into the photos area and switched it on for icloud photo library, currently it had only had said on for photos. but there was another tab to go forward in and said it had to delete 8 photos. Not sure what those would have been. Going to try accessing my account online to see if it did anything after I set it to backup again.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
iMoreAppImg_20151107_145957.jpgiMoreAppImg_20151107_150003.jpg

Here are some photos how my settings look. I did a backup after switching things like this and still nothing when I go online to account. It only has my calendar saved and when I switched on icloud photo library it said it had to delete 8 pics. Not even sure what they were or why it had to.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try going to the backups on your phone and deleting them then make it make a complete new backup. As far as contact and everything you should be able to see them. You can try turning contacts off and select leave on phone and then turn it back on. If you look also is says uploading 2384 pics and videos so it will have to finish before anything will show up online also.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Try going to the backups on your phone and deleting them then make it make a complete new backup. As far as contact and everything you should be able to see them. You can try turning contacts off and select leave on phone and then turn it back on. If you look also is says uploading 2384 pics and videos so it will have to finish before anything will show up online also.

When I was uploading to drop box it seemed like I had to leave it on the upload screen of the phone or else it would stop. Maybe I need to leave it up icloud on the phone for it to actually be transferring stuff. I'll mess around with turning on and off things and doing a backup to see what happens. Just more hassle than it should be. I thought this whole time yeah it's backing it up but it wasn't really saved anywhere else.

Now when I went to go backup it said it couldn't complete it. I've tried 2 or 3 times with it saying the same thing

Last edited:

DanMmy

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
i never had this kind of problem, but some of my friends did. i'm kinda scared when using icould. so i store extra copies of files in my flashdrive

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73