AppleCare replacement

jrocke0w0

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey. I'm new here and I have a question about the replacement device I might get from an AppleCare claim. I've owned my iPhone 6 since the end of August and long story short the screen has a small crack in the top which I might be able to live with but would obviously rather have it repaired or replaced. Do they replace the phone with a new or a refurbished device? Or do they just do a screen replacement? There are two small scratches on the top and bottom right corners as well that would drive me crazy if I didn't have a case on it. Anybody have experience with this? I'm not sure whether I'd "waste" a claim on a refurbished phone that might have a scratch or two on the body anyway. Thanks for any help.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I know all replacement devices are factory refurbished, and no company could possibly replace all devices with new units. If it was defective in the first 14 days you would likely get a refund and new replacement.

I did check on the iPhone 6 AppleCare+ for iPhone 6 and earlier models - Apple AppleCare + page and you can do a mail in repair walk in repair, etc. So if the screen is the only broken part you can opt to get it repaired under AppleCare + you can also pay to have the display replaced without using AppleCare +. I hope that helps.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
We had to get a replacement when my wife left her 5 on top of the car and it eventually got run over (thankfully find my friends showed where it was before it was destroyed!). It was perfect and lasted for a year and a half before we upgraded to the 6.

So if you do get a refurb it will likely look and feel brand new!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods