Had replacement iPhone 6 for 10 months - slightly bent

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
So when I got my original 6 last December, I noticed the day after I got it, it was slightly bent at the "weak spot" near the volume buttons. I baby my gear, especially a day old iPhone. I thought it was weird. The Apple Store replaced it.

10 months later I notice my new one is slightly bent at that same "weak spot". Again, I take really good care of my stuff. It's usually in my shirt pocket, but sometimes in the front pocket of my work khakis. No tight pants here. These things just have a tendency to bend over time.

Has anyone had a second iPhone replaced for a slight bend? I have Apple Care. The bend is slight right now, but I can see it, and other people can too when I show them. I'm just worried it could get worse over time.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So when I got my original 6 last December, I noticed the day after I got it, it was slightly bent at the "weak spot" near the volume buttons. I baby my gear, especially a day old iPhone. I thought it was weird. The Apple Store replaced it.

10 months later I notice my new one is slightly bent at that same "weak spot". Again, I take really good care of my stuff. It's usually in my shirt pocket, but sometimes in the front pocket of my work khakis. No tight pants here. These things just have a tendency to bend over time.

Has anyone had a second iPhone replaced for a slight bend? I have Apple Care. The bend is slight right now, but I can see it, and other people can too when I show them. I'm just worried it could get worse over time.
I had a 6 Plus for a year and never it never bent. I don't personally know anybody whose phone bent either. That being said, there are reasons Apple introduced a stronger series aluminum in the 6s Plus and I'm sure one of them was that they were unhappy with how many returns they had due to bent phones. My advice: bring your phone to the Apple Store and have them swap it out. It's still under warranty and you have AppleCare+ anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods