Why is the Bluetooth on my iPhone 6 continually searching for devices?

I

iMore Question

why is the blue tooth on my Iphone 6 continually searching for devices

The blue tooth on my new Iphone 6 shows it is constantly searching for devices, is this why my battery is running down? Blue tooth won' connect to my vehicle for hands off now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
why is the blue tooth on my Iphone 6 continually searching for devices

Apple Support told me it's normal. You can toggle Bluetooth off if it's not paired with anything. But it doesn't use much battery anyways.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: why is the blue tooth on my Iphone 6 continually searching for devices

The blue tooth on my new Iphone 6 shows it is constantly searching for devices, is this why my battery is running down? Blue tooth won' connect to my vehicle for hands off now.
Just asking but since you said constantly searching.... With a device showing and if the little so called wheel keeps spinning searching, Have you tapped it to connect to stop the searching?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is the blue tooth on my Iphone 6 continually searching for devices

iOS will search for Bluetooth devices whenever you open Bluetooth preferences in Settings. Are you getting some sort of indication that it's searching even when you're at your home screen?

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

DAR501

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Same issue. It appears to be constantly searching as seen when the screen is shown alongside all the other open programs. If click back to General of course you don't see the spinning circle but on opening Bluetooth settings it is immediately seen to be spinning & I have noticed very rapid battery drain using any Bluetooth device. It seems there should be a way to stop searching for other devices once the iPhone is happily paired & connected to one. No???

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner