Is the iPhone 6 I want to buy a fake?

I

iMore Question

I want on [redacted] (Canadian Craigslist I guess) as I was looking to buy an iPhone 6. I found an unlocked 64G silver iPhone in mint condition and the buyer was asking for 680$.

I am going to meet him later today, but I need to be sure I am buying a real iPhone and not a fake one.

I watched videos on the Internet, but I am still not sure. Is there any way I can post the picture on here and get your thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I want on Kijiji (Canadian Craigslist I guess) as I was looking to buy an iPhone 6. I found an unlocked 64G silver iPhone in mint condition and the buyer was asking for 680$.

I am going to meet him later today, but I need to be sure I am buying a real iPhone and not a fake one.

I watched videos on the Internet, but I am still not sure. Is there any way I can post the picture on here and get your thoughts?

Thanks!

Pictures will not be proof, in my opinion, and no, you cannot post photos as an anonymous user. Anyway, you need to be familiar with iOS. If you are then you will know if it's real or a fake. If you're that concerned or unsure, have the seller meet you at an Apple Store and have one of the geniuses inspect it for you.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
When you have the phone and before you purchase it go into settings:general:about. The model number should be MKTC2LL/A.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You can also look at the serial number and look it up on apple's self solve site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I want on [redacted] (Canadian Craigslist I guess) as I was looking to buy an iPhone 6. I found an unlocked 64G silver iPhone in mint condition and the buyer was asking for 680$.

Thanks!

You should also be able to get the MEID and contact your carrier to make sure the phone is not on the lost or stolen list. If it is on that list, you will not be able to activate the phone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You should also be able to get the MEID and contact your carrier to make sure the phone is not on the lost or stolen list. If it is on that list, you will not be able to activate the phone.

Great idea. Even if it's a real iPhone, it's worthless if it's been reported stolen.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711