i found this phone and it on language so how can i used this
    10-09-2015 11:43 AM
    Hi! If you found a phone that belongs to someone else, it should be turned into the carrier if you know what service it has or to the local police. Those are the two best bets at getting it returned to the original owner.
    10-09-2015 11:48 AM
    I'm fairly sure they were asking how to use the device themselves.

iCloud activation lock was introduced in iOS 7 to prevent theft and prevent others from using lost and stolen devices. There is no way around it without contacting the owner and getting them to release the activation lock. If this was a legit sale, the owner should be happy to do so. If not, you have a beautiful paperweight.
    10-09-2015 11:51 AM
    Based off the title and how they said "I found this phone" in their post, it sounds like they legit found someone's phone and want to use it as their own.

Now if they want to use the phone in terms of finding out who it belongs to, they can take it to the carrier or police as Assassin Droid said.
    10-09-2015 11:58 AM
    Based off the title and how they said "I found this phone" in their post, it sounds like they legit found someone's phone and want to use it as their own.

Now if they want to use the phone in terms of finding out who it belongs to, they can take it to the carrier or police as Assassin Droid said.
    Precisely. They want to use it as their own. It is not theirs and the iCloud activation lock is in place to make sure they cannot use it as their own. There are no legitimate bypasses for it and even if there were, we would not tell people how to do it.
    moaningmyrtle likes this.
    10-09-2015 12:02 PM
    Precisely. They want to use it as their own. It is not theirs and the iCloud activation lock is in place to make sure they cannot use it as their own. There are no legitimate bypasses for it and even if there were, we would not tell people how to do it.
    This is why I think it's best to have them hand it in to someone and not keep it for themselves.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-09-2015 12:14 PM
    This is why I think it's best to have them hand it in to someone and not keep it for themselves.
    Someone posting these sorts of questions about bypassing the iCloud activation lock already know what they SHOULD do. They are asking us for a way around that.
    moaningmyrtle likes this.
    10-09-2015 12:22 PM
    i found this phone and it on language so how can i used this
    Welcome to iMore and thank you for taking the time to share your issue with us. I am a little unclear about what you're asking, but I believe you found an iPhone, it is protected with a passcode, but you like to use the phone. That is a very good question and I am sure it is frustrating trying to unlock a device that someone else purchased and either lost or had it stolen from them. Unfortunately, I do not know how to tell you to proceed but I'm sure some of the other helpful, friendly posters here on iMore will be able to assist you.

Again, I extend the warmest of welcomes to our community.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    10-09-2015 12:46 PM
    no need to keep going on and on about this anymore. Everything that can be said has... horse - dead - beating - stop...
    VDub2174 likes this.
    10-09-2015 12:49 PM