Okay so I brought my phone into the apple store because my screen was cracked (I don't believe in apple care) so I went and asked the lady how much is it to fix the screen and she told me $179 CDN so I walked away. I came back about 3 days later spoke to another Apple employee and he told me since they're repair machine wasn't compatible with iOS 9 (Don't know what that has to do with my screen) he would replace my entire device (thank the lord) for only $139 does anyone else have any weird stories like that?
    10-06-2015 10:23 PM
    Perhaps their standard course of action is to replace the screen using their machine, but if it (the machine) is broken, they revert to plan B, which is to replace the phone with a refurb model. I can't explain the iOS9 remark. Maybe she was having a bad day...
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-06-2015 11:02 PM
    My question is "when they replaced the whole device for $139, did you run out without looking back?"...That's what I would have done....LOL
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-06-2015 11:08 PM
    I ran away with the device and never looked back when I heard I was getting a 40 dollar discount lol
    10-07-2015 06:21 PM
    Okay so I brought my phone into the apple store because my screen was cracked (I don't believe in apple care) so I went and asked the lady how much is it to fix the screen and she told me $179 CDN so I walked away. I came back about 3 days later spoke to another Apple employee and he told me since they're repair machine wasn't compatible with iOS 9 (Don't know what that has to do with my screen) he would replace my entire device (thank the lord) for only $139 does anyone else have any weird stories like that?
    No, I do not, but it's good to know you were able to get your device replace for $139. Still, if you had Apple Care Plus, you could saved an additional $40.
    10-07-2015 07:06 PM