I note that after the most recent update to IOS 9 my iphone screen will black out when I select an app like CNBC . Does anyone have a good solution other than resetting the phone by holding down the power and home buttons?
    10-05-2015 11:25 AM
    Check with the developer of apps that do this - see if they have updates coming out soon for iOS9 compatibility.
    10-05-2015 11:45 AM
    Thanks for your suggestion. I'm afraid I didn't phrase the question well. It's more than just a single app that causes the screen to go black, it's almost all the apps I try. It doesn't seem to matter whether they are third party or Apple's (eg, calendar). It is resolved when I click out using the home button and then go back in which successfully opens the app. Frustrating since everything worked as advertised before the IOS 9 fixes.
    10-05-2015 02:11 PM
    Thanks for your suggestion. I'm afraid I didn't phrase the question well. It's more than just a single app that causes the screen to go black, it's almost all the apps I try. It doesn't seem to matter whether they are third party or Apple's (eg, calendar). It is resolved when I click out using the home button and then go back in which successfully opens the app. Frustrating since everything worked as advertised before the IOS 9 fixes.
    Thank you for the updated info, I would recommend placing your phone into DFU Mode ( Default Firmware Update ) and install - restore like new factory settings since that much of san issue. This likely would take care of your multiple problems...
    How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore
    Good luck from there.
    10-05-2015 03:42 PM