Rapid touch home button

wetermommy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I double tapped my home button (without actually clicking the button if that makes sense) and the screen moved down half the screen... What's that about lol. Sorry for all the questions. Being an android user and going to Apple makes me feel dumb 😢

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
If I understood your concern correctly, quickly press the home button three times.
You might just have zoomed it in =P

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
That's the 'reachability' setting switched to the on position - activating this behavior. You can find the control for this in Settings>General>Accessibility then scroll down till you come to the 'Reachability' toggle - and if the toggle switch is to the right side with the color green showing, then this setting is turned on. When it is on, a double touch (tap) of the Home button will bring the screen about halfway down, allowing for access to controls/menu items that are at the top part of the screen to be more easily reached on larger screen devices such as the iPhone 6 & 6 plus. This was introduced last year with iOS 8, and the iPhone 6/6 plus. To turn this setting off, tap the toggle switch so that it is on the left side, with the color white showing.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I double tapped my home button (without actually clicking the button if that makes sense) and the screen moved down half the screen... What's that about lol. Sorry for all the questions. Being an android user and going to Apple makes me feel dumb ��

Tapping the home button twice (not clicking, but simple touch) activates the "reachability" feature which brings the top of the screen down half way to make reaching the top icons in one-handed mode easier.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner