No sound when phone plugged into car to charge?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
When I plug my phone into the USB port of my car to charge I have no sounds from any notifications nor anything if I am using GPS. Some of those GPS apps kill battery so I'd rather have it plugged in. Does this have anything to do with fact I haven't synced my phone with the car? And if I had then it would just have the sounds come thru the speakers of the car?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
If you're looking for sound from the car's stereo, then yes. The phone needs to be paired with the car's stereo for sound to come out via the car.

Or use a Line In connection from the headphone jack.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
If you're looking for sound from the car's stereo, then yes. The phone needs to be paired with the car's stereo for sound to come out via the car.

Or use a Line In connection from the headphone jack.

Just looking for sound in general out of the phone if it is plugged in. I haven't tried it thru the cigarette lighter if I charge it that way. I have to set up the pairing between the car and phone. Just been procrastinating that.

AS328

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Just looking for sound in general out of the phone if it is plugged in. I haven't tried it thru the cigarette lighter if I charge it that way. I have to set up the pairing between the car and phone. Just been procrastinating that.

If you want sound out of the phone while plugged in you have two options that I can think of:
1.) if it's plugged into the stereo via USB, the stereo should be on USB mode as well to hear any notifications, sounds, etc. these will be heard through the car's speakers

2.) plug it into the cigarette lighter to charge. Notifications and sounds will then be heard directly through the phone's speaker. Car stereo can then be on any mode you want: radio, CD, etc.

Hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods