NOTE: this issue has been happening for the life of my phone, through several iOS iterations, so it's not any one software causing the issue.

I have custom text and ring tones set for my wife. I'm using stock custom tones, nothing added or downloaded. It's happening more and more frequently that out of nowhere it'll revert to the default setting. Anyone else experience this or know why?

Also, I have text reminder set to off, that too will revert to default sometimes and start dinging reminders.
    09-17-2015 03:45 PM
    I have no idea why that's happening to 'you'. Furthermore, I have NEVER experienced anything like that on any of my iPhones from the 3G to my current iPhone 6 Plus. Having said that, are you restoring from a backup? If so, you could be restoring the problem. I recommend you remove the .ipsw file from your computer, put the device in recovery or DFU mode, and then restore and update via iTunes. Afterwards, take the time to set it up as a new device and NOT from a backup.
    09-17-2015 04:18 PM
    Hmm, why did you put "you" in quotation marks?

I got the phone in March and haven't restored the phone at all since then.

If it persists I will have to try your suggestion, but boy do I have a lot set up on my phone just the way I like it. I moved to iphone from windows phone to say goodbye to things like this.
    09-18-2015 10:27 AM