Why does iPhone 6 require authentication?

I

iMore Question

Why does iPhone 6 require authentication

I was recently in another country and travelling by bus without cell or wifi connectivity. Each day when I tried to use my iPhone, a message appeared requiring me to authenticate (to Apple) in order to use any of the phones functions. All I wanted to do was use the camera and without a means to authenticate (no cell or wifi service), the phone was dead to me. What app or service is requiring this to use the phone

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why does iPhone 6 require authentication

I totally get what you are asking and what happened and why. How can you authenticate something no matter what when you can't get to use WIFI or cellular - in other words - No internet connection = You can't authenticate .I can't help in the WHY!! but one question from me - Aren't you glad that traveling out of country and I am guessing out of the USA where you got your phone and Apple wants to authenticate who you are for your own best interest and security is the best that can happen. I think a winning situation for both parties.

I hope you are soon able if not already get internet connectivity! Have a great trip. :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh