Apps not auto updating

darinr80

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
it just occurred to me that though I have my apps set to auto update, I have to open the app store and update them manually every time. What's the point of the auto update feature then?

darinr80

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Well when I open the app store and click on updates and I get a red badge icon w/a number like 3 or 4, it tells me those apps need to be updated because they didn't "auto" update...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Nothing wrong with mine. I think it takes a few minutes. Give it time. Maybe when you went to the App Store it had not had time. How many times has it happened?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well when I open the app store and click on updates and I get a red badge icon w/a number like 3 or 4, it tells me those apps need to be updated because they didn't "auto" update...

Your going to have a bunch now ahead of iOS 9. Give them time. If you go and some are there, either update manually or wait.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I simply open App Store daily and see apps getting updated. I guess you'll have to trigger the auto updating from time to time by opening the AppStore app

darinr80

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
That makes more sense. I mean that I would have to just leave the App Store app open in order for it to auto update. It seems misleading to say it will auto update if it has to be left open. Oh well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That makes more sense. I mean that I would have to just leave the App Store app open in order for it to auto update. It seems misleading to say it will auto update if it has to be left open. Oh well.

It's kind of like the update notifications never show until you open the app. The red badge rarely shows on it's own.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
OP. Even I have noticed the same problem since last few months. Earlier it would auto update even without the appstore being open, but now, when I open the app store, it shows apps pending for update. Just today I had 14 updates and my settings also are set to auto update on wi-fi.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I suspect there's a delay, just like with the App Store notifications. I see there's an update with AppShopper. But it doesn't show the red badge for 6 hours or more. I usually go to the App Store before that much time passes. Probably the same with Auto Updates.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR